Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HV'ing shampoo/conditioner & wet clipping..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HV'ing shampoo/conditioner & wet clipping..

Ok, gotta few question...

I don't have one of those bathing systems. I groom a lot of double coat breeds of dogs & I was reading that some of you HV the shampoo & conditioner into the dogs coat while giving them a bath. Why? Does the dog get cleaner? Do matts & undercoat come out easier?

& wet clipping, I read some of the posts, but I don't fully understand why do you wet clip? Is it easier to wet clip then clipping then bathing? Should you only wet clip a matted dog? after the dog is dry will you need to re-clip? Is wet fur less likely to embed into the groomers skin since it doesn't "fly" around? I was reading some use longer blades to wet clip with on a matted dog, so if the blade (like a #3) won't go through the dry coat it will on a wet coat? Should you leave shampoo or conditioner on the coat while wet clipping? Does it ruin your blades/clippers?

I groom a gigantic (180+lbs) long coated st. bernard, the owner usually has me do a 2 day groom, because she is so large and the owner doesn't want her to get uncomfortable with all the standing. I usually bath & brush her then the 2nd day I clip her with a 3. Could I just wet clip her? Will the 3 blade get under her heavy undercoat? Would it be best to HV the shampoo into her coat, then wet shave her?

I know sooo many questions, thanks in advance for advice.

About the wet clipping......read my blog on the subject: http://groomwise.typepad.com/.servic...r.q=wetshaving

there is also a forum on this site that covers Wetshaving. Its pretty comprehensive.

I will be doing a Webinar on this subject in March.
    <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
    X