Clipping with conditioner on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clipping with conditioner on?

Can I wet clip with conditioner left on for really matted dogs? I don't mean the kind that you're supposed to leave it. I mean the wash out kind. What I mean is, can I shampoo, rinse, condition, brush and clip, then rinse?

I would imagine that would majorly gunk up your blades and clipper. I haven't ever tried it but it sounds like a bad idea.
    That Tenacious Terrier!
    www.thattenaciousterrier.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ThatTenaciousTerrier

Comment

I do that some times. I will shampoo, rinse, condition (+/- HV to move the mats from the skin), wet shave, then shampoo with something soothing, lightly condition again and use a cool water rinse to reduce any irritation to the skin. I haven't had any problems with my blades...I make sure to clean and dry them well after each wet shave.
      "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I feel like a fool posting this because I read (just after posting it) that you can at a wet grooming site. She recommends it for really matted dogs. I hope it'll made the hair slide into the blades easier and decrease any tugging.

Comment

Originally posted by msminnamouse View Post
          I feel like a fool posting this because I read (just after posting it) that you can at a wet grooming site. She recommends it for really matted dogs. I hope it'll made the hair slide into the blades easier and decrease any tugging.
          Don't worry about it. There's so much to read on this site, sometimes it's just easier to ask.

Stephen: Sure, and there is wet clipping forum here too.
          "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
          X