• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you can see in her eyes that she is thankful

Comment

Wowzers! Amazing job!

Comment

Thanks, everyone. Doubledogdare, that owner is crazy! I didn't have the pleasure of speaking to this owner in person, just on the phone. She picked her up late, after I'd gone for the day. She was very nonchalant about the whole thing when I told her that the dog was in very, very poor condition and she really should not go so long between grooms, etc. Just, "Oh, okay" like it was nothing. She'd likely heard it before!

Neanea, I'm moving at the end of February, so I won't be able to check on her. I did make everyone I work with aware of her condition though, and she is also a vet client there, so maybe they will keep an eye on her if possible. Wish I could! The people at work were very nice. They all felt bad for her because they all saw her since she was there a few days, and they were very happy to see her when she was done. One vet said she didn't even realize it was a poodle, LOL. I don't know what she thought it could be???

Comment

What is wet cut?

I have been a groomer for over 20 years (as was my mother and my sister) and have never used clippers on a wet dog! Grant you, I haven't been in the biz for several years but since I am now getting back into it, I'm always up to learning something new to me! Please explain. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by alona1 View Post
            I have been a groomer for over 20 years (as was my mother and my sister) and have never used clippers on a wet dog! Grant you, I haven't been in the biz for several years but since I am now getting back into it, I'm always up to learning something new to me! Please explain. Thanks!
            Here's a link to Debi Hilley's blog on wet shaving. It explains the technique:

http://groomingsmarter.com/cgi-bin/p...rter&page=2437
            "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Thanks!

That helps, can't wait to try it!

Comment

I know this was done months ago.... but I am new to the board and am just cruising around on it .. you did a fantastic job!! She looks wonderful. I hope the owner never lets her get that way again .

Debbie
                Debbie
                There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Comment

Working...
                X