Does anyone use the Groomers Helper/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone use the Groomers Helper/

? does anyone use the groomers helper and find it very helpful? I own one and would like to get opinions. i love mine! i have only the starter kit, but would like to upgrade to the professional. I love mine! keeps dogs very still! yeah!

Can't live without it but I have the professional set but I wasn' allowed to use it at my last employer so I don't know how it works yet but as soon as I know I'll let you know.

Comment

Hi,

I would NOT groom without mine. It is as essential to my tool collection as my clippers and scissors are. I feel vulnerable without it.

I mainly use the starter set, but on that rare occasion I've had a FAT labrador that is getting shaved, I haul out the professional set and that dog WILL stand. I have a shar pei beagle mix that was a great dog but decided to become VICIOUS for toenail clipping. He is definitely hooked up to my Groomers Helper.

Tammy in Utah
      Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Yes

If you bring up Groomers Helper in the Search Advanced tab here you will find tons of accolades about it. I am one of those who would not ever again want to groom without it. I do love the cross tie too that can be done with the deluxe and don't see that mentioned here much. Great for perfectionist head trimming. I do housecall grooming mostly with the owners right there and the owners are almost always amazed at how calm the dog is. Partly non-shop and where is their owner anxiety, but a huge part is the steadying utilization of the Groomers Helper. I also always point out how they can't fall off the table or that the loop then doesn't pull on their trachea.
        Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Thanks

arrooh I like your avatar. I own a brittany too, but she is old. Thank you for your opinions. I love mine. I hav a puppy who hates getting his nails clipped and i cant usually use the noose on him because he would back off and choke himself. Now with the GH he stands PERFECTLY STILL! YEAH! I can also clip his nails much quicker because he is not trying to back off the table anymore. i also groomed two poodles with it (who hate the blow dryer) without it i am sure that they would have been spinning around like crazy. UMM...about the professional set...i think i could do with out it. i now have two grooming arms on the table. One with the GH on it and one to keep the dog standing. this seems to be working for now, but the grooming loop on the second arm gets in the way a little. This is kinda annoying, but i'll deal w/it

Comment

need to get a line of shampoo

anyone have something they like opening up a new shop in mesquite,nv

Comment

Tons of Great Shampoos

Dear dakindulike,

How did this post get on a Groomers Helper thread?

There are a lot of great shampoo lines out there. Best Shot Shampoos, Groomers Choice Bark to Basics, SPA, Lambert Kay, Davis Gold, Natures Specialties, Eqyss, Espree, Show Season, Ring Five, Bio Groom, Groomers Edge, The Coat Handler, and many more.

There is a shampoo for every use like whitening, medicated, degreasing, detangling, and flea and tick killers. You may find that you like one lines whitening and another’s medicated etc. The Spa line from Tropiclean is a good add on for your customers to choose.

Whatever shampoos you choose if you are just starting out you can just start out making money. I add $3 for a small dog (up to 25lbs.), $4 for a medium dog (25-40lbs) $5 for a Large Dog (40-75lbs.) and $6 for an Extra Large (75lbs and up) to the base price of the groom. I display all the gallons above the 16oz bottles and they all have retail prices $80 for the gallons and $12-$20 for the sixteen ouncers.

So if the base price is $50 for the groom and $3 for the "All Natural Flea Shampoo" (we do not want anyone’s dogs giving anyone else's dogs fleas so this shampoo is mandatory.) a good practice. If they get a medicated it is another $3. If they purchase their favorite shampoo off the shelf we will use their shampoo and give them the balance and there would be no charge and the same goes for shampoos given by the vet. Tack on any demat or preprep charges and this is how we make money.

Last year I did not pay $5,000 a year for shampoos just to give it away we made $18,000+ that is a $23,000 spread. Start your prices high you can always drop them through discounts for re-booking within a reasonable time. Have a shop fee. Mine is $80/hr. Get a copy of my price list and ratio it to what your market will bear (do a market survey) and absolutely do not price yourself because everyone else in your area is lowballing themselves.

What you do now will impact your bottom line in the future. Just a little SAGE Advice.biz

Good Luck and Godspeed,

and read the post you posted on from the beginning and get a Groomers Helper® Professional Set. It will also make you more money every day and drop the stress and struggle.

Chuck

Comment

Could not, would not and will not. groom with out my groomers helper. I also have a grooming school and all of the tables have a groomers helper. Safety first and a great way to teach students about not having to kill yourself to be a groomer
                "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
                Nancy

Comment

Originally posted by doggroomer123 View Post
                  ? does anyone use the groomers helper and find it very helpful? I own one and would like to get opinions. i love mine! i have only the starter kit, but would like to upgrade to the professional. I love mine! keeps dogs very still! yeah!
                  I bought my Groomers Helper after I came back from my back surgery last March. It is kinda like my eletric table and my clipper vac, dont know how I groomed without it in the first place. I do not have to use the whole "pro" set with every dog, but the first time I used it, it paid for itself.

Comment

new shop in mesquite,nv

thanks chuck i will listen and learn from the masters,so maybe one day many years from know i also will be able to help some one new.
                    thank you dakindulike

Comment

I own it, I tried it, I was not happy with it. I found the dogs were not calming down at all rather they were getting more agitated and fussing a lot more. I have found more dogs prefer to be talked to. I was just not impressed but I know everyone is different. An extra noose around the grooming pole worked just the same here but without locking them in one place.
                      I just don't like the idea of anything that could create an issue that puts excessive pressure on a dogs neck, but I am not fond of pinch collars for the same reason... I have seen way to many dogs with sores on their necks from pinch collars.
                      I work with trainers, a little time spent, a little 'minor' restraint similar to a regular collar and I don't have to worry about pressure on necks. They can still move their heads but not reach around to bite me plus they are not experiencing pressure on their neck.
                      Being older myself and working in this profession for many years, I choose to work with dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by RPS View Post
                        I own it, I tried it, I was not happy with it. I found the dogs were not calming down at all rather they were getting more agitated and fussing a lot more. I have found more dogs prefer to be talked to. I was just not impressed but I know everyone is different. An extra noose around the grooming pole worked just the same here but without locking them in one place.
                        I just don't like the idea of anything that could create an issue that puts excessive pressure on a dogs neck, but I am not fond of pinch collars for the same reason... I have seen way to many dogs with sores on their necks from pinch collars.
                        I work with trainers, a little time spent, a little 'minor' restraint similar to a regular collar and I don't have to worry about pressure on necks. They can still move their heads but not reach around to bite me plus they are not experiencing pressure on their neck.
                        Being older myself and working in this profession for many years, I choose to work with dogs.
                        who says you can't do both? I rarely have my groomers helper hooked up so there is 'excessive pressure'. I too talk to the dogs to help them relax, along with the help from the groomers helper. It is extremely handy when you need to do things like nails on dogs that are unpredictable or would otherwise need to be muzzled. It is great on those little landsharks that will snap without any warning. It just depends on how you want to use it, it doesn't need to be as extreme as you are describing.

Comment

RPS I agree

I think it would maybe work better if the table could be out from the wall, as I can't groom from both sides. I think it just makes the dog do buck bronco moves and scsres me it would strangle them or put stress on their neck. many wiggle right out of the noose. So it hangs there but rarely is used. I use a Romani strap or no sit haunch holder to get them to stand up. That No sit I could Not do without.
                          Last edited by Jenneversage64; 10-29-09, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Love it!!!!

Comment

I still say I will not groom without my Groomers Helper. My dogs don't react to it---they react when they're used to running around the table and "owning" the place. They learn quickly to stand still---I do not let them pull themselves backward or the like. I'm not sure where the "pressure on the neck" comes from, I haven't seen any pressure, unless the dog is strung up incorrectly or too tightly.

My dogs just stand there. Literally. They don't even realize they're hooked up. The spinners learned quickly they could no longer spin, the biters learned quickly they couldn't get me, so now they just stand there and enjoy the spa day.

Tammy in Utah
                              Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Working...
                              X