bandanas with a touch of velcro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bandanas with a touch of velcro

A customer last night gave me the idea. She had fancy bandanas with velcro sewn on. I had just told her my fear of a dog getting one stuck and how I used rubber bands, but hey I really like the idea. The craft stores and home fixing stores sell big bunches of velcro very cheap. Then the bandana could even be removed and re put on by the customer till it ratted out.
    Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Thanks!

Great idea Arooh! I wonder if I could use a craft glue instead of sewing the velcro on. I don't own a machine and wouldn't know what to do with it if I did. I'm going to have to try that out!

Comment

You can get velco that comes in strips with a sticky side to avoid having to stitch at all!

Comment

You can also get iron on velcro
        "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
        Nancy

Comment

Yeah I don't sew

My old sewing machine gets used every 15 years. I was thinking of glue, but now have to check out sticky sided velcro.
          Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

I tie them on loosly so that if they get cougt on something they could easily get their head out. The only time I use bandanas anymore is if the dog does not normally wear a collar. Otherwise they all get collar covers acuz they are much cheaper to make. I can get 18 various size covers out of 2 yards of fabric at 1-2 dollars a yard.
            If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

collar covers

Hello

Can someoner please post the directions to make a collar cover? Also what if the dog doesn't wear a collar but a harness? I'm burnt out on bandanas does anyone have any other ideas...........I know there are some creative groomers out there but I am NOT one of them but I am a good copy cat!!!

Thannks

Comment

I cut material for large collar covers 6 inches wide by double the average collar length. Put the printed sides of the material together by foling in half length wise. You can at this point either use fabric glue or run them on the sewing machine. To turn them right side out attach a safety pin to one end, go in through the other end with a crochet needle and hook the pin and pull through. Smaller cut material for smaller dogs just guestimate the average size for small breeds, med, large and jumbo. I get fabric at walmart. These are quick easy and cheap. Customers love them and you don't have to worry about bandanas. I only use bandanas on the dogs that don't have a collar on. If you are sick of bandanas and they are wearing a harness all the time you can put a bow on it.

Comment

Wow that is a great idea. I will have to try it. I must say the bandanas do get to tiring.

Comment

Thanks,,,,u make it so clear and easy to understand.........

Comment

I would love to take credit for it, but that was Helly's idea including the pin and crochet hook.

Comment

you can get little round circles of velcro, with sticky backs at any fabric shop, they are great for bandanas.

Comment

i made three collar bandanas for my fiance's 3 cats. i just folded it the appropriate length (if it was a little too wide thats alright), then sewed it. now just a collar cover itself without the bandana part...well...i got bored with sewing it LOL! i like the velcro idea too for bandanas! id just put a long strip of velcro on there so the owners can adjust teh size of the bandana to fit their dog.
                          Hound

Comment

I like that idea too. Most dog groomer use bandanas with velcro, I feel like it's a bit better than a buckle style fastener. Diamonds in the Ruff in Abilene has these cute bandanas for your pets. They're really great with dogs, provide boarding and doggie daycare. You should check out their Facebook page or visit them while you're in Abilene, TX.
                            Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                            X