"Teacup" Yorkie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Teacup" Yorkie!

I just wanted to share these pics of the most tiny Yorkie I have ever groomed! She is barely larger than my clipper! She got a #3 3/4 blade body and thinnered everywhere else. She is really nervous,,can you tell!?
    Attached Files
    Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
    www.ChrisSertzel.com

I'll see your "Teacup" and raise you a "shotglass" Yorkie, Windy!

I think this one weighed 1.3 lbs. I've owned hamsters that weighed more than that. Her nose was the size of a pencil eraser.
    I groomed her back in December, when she was 9 mos. old, for someone visiting a client. I only took a before pic...cuz I just couldn't get over how itsy-bitsy she was. Littlest doggie I've ever groomed.
    (It ain't natchural I tell ya!)

Beautiful groom, as always, Windy! That's a shiiiiiiney coat!
    Attached Files
    Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Very pretty Windy! Your dog has a beautiful coat.

Sibes, I do a itty bitty as well, his name is Ollie and scares the hell out of me. He's that tiny. The owner paid $3000 for him. Go figure. I think he only weighs about 2.5 pounds full grown.

Comment

Just last week I groomed a teeny tiny Yorkie too. The week before that I groomed one too. What is happening to these Yorkies? They seem to be getting ittsy bittsy.

The one I groomed 2 weeks ago was a SCREAMER!!!!! for every little thing I did to it. I trimmed the hair around his feet, ya would think I was cutting him, I trimmed the hair from his pads, same thing screamed as if I was taking a pound of flesh with it (which I don't think he had to begin with LOL). I was so happy when he was done. I hated charging the lady what I did, but my ears hurt when I was done!

Last weeks little girl wasn't as bad, just tiny.
        "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
        Diane

Comment

Originally posted by 4Sibes View Post
          I'll see your "Teacup" and raise you a "shotglass" Yorkie, Windy!

I think this one weighed 1.3 lbs. I've owned hamsters that weighed more than that. Her nose was the size of a pencil eraser.
          I groomed her back in December, when she was 9 mos. old, for someone visiting a client. I only took a before pic...cuz I just couldn't get over how itsy-bitsy she was. Littlest doggie I've ever groomed.
          (It ain't natchural I tell ya!)

Beautiful groom, as always, Windy! That's a shiiiiiiney coat!
          OMGorsh,,she's completely EDIBLE!! I have never seen one that teeny! It AIN'T natural, you're right! Only in a very small %age of US homes would an animal of those microscopic proportions even be able to exist without smishing!
          You totally beat my hand!
          Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
          www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Yep, yep, and yep. I got one of those, too. Poor poorly-bred Birdie, who is a whopping 2.5 lbs, has an enormous vaccination scar on her back, bad knees, and only has 5 teeth in her head at four years old. She's a shakey little pancake of a dog who curls up in a trembling little ball and is an utter nightmare to get a good clip on. It's like trying to groom an epileptic squirrel.
            Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
            George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

The owner of this dog (who was admittedly and embarrassingly purchased from a pet store) did have a good sense of humor when I asked her if they included the HabitTrail for the puppy, given the many $$$$.00 she dropped on purchasing on the micro-York.

Ya know..nevermind. I just deleted my own mini-rant in the spirit of keeping the thread cheerful.
              Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Lol @ the Habitat Trail comment.

Years ago we got one in that topped in at 1 ish lbs. Poor thing had tiny leg bones as thin as pencils and was probably smaller than an Oster clipper. The owner said the breeder told her not to spay it because she should be bred. Poor thing probably died trying to whelp a puppy cause we never saw her again.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Sibes View Post
                  The owner of this dog (who was admittedly and embarrassingly purchased from a pet store) did have a good sense of humor when I asked her if they included the HabitTrail for the puppy, given the many $$$$.00 she dropped on purchasing on the micro-York.

Ya know..nevermind. I just deleted my own mini-rant in the spirit of keeping the thread cheerful.
                  LOL...I just skipped posting...well, not really, since I am posting...but cute dog, good grooming!

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                    What is happening to these Yorkies? They seem to be getting ittsy bittsy.
                    Round here they are getting bigger & bigger. Yorkie Gal calls them, "Texas Yorkies".
                    "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                    People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

I have a tiny one as well he is smaller than my ultraedge from front to back. Super tiny the owner said he was 1.5lbs. Really cute but I don't like the tiny ones. I never feel bad charging them what we do they are more difficult than the normal sized ones. The last time i groomed him though I had him and a 15 punder at the same time both people thought theirs was the right size.

Comment

Me to

I've got a couple super smalls also one I do they have me shave all over and it is SOOOO tiny I was using my trimmers but I nicked her ear. It's like the clippers are the size of her entire body and shes terrified and squirmy. Needless to say that was a freebie. Ugg. It makes me sooo anxious to do dogs that small. And I hate it when people are like "oh that wont take you any time" HA I think it takes twice as long when they are that small trying to get them to look nice with these huge tools and their teeny bodies!

Comment

I have been getting a lot of the "Texas Yorkies", but the Shih's are getting smaller and smaller yet their vet bills get bigger and bigger.........go figure.

I decided long ago that I would never own a dog that I could flush instead of bury.
                          SheilaB from SC

Comment

I have not seen one Micro Yorkie,or tea cup or whatever they call them yet, that doesn't have bad knees,and a nervous temperment. It is sad. Regular sized yorkies from responsible breeders aren't small enough? What is wrong with people!
                            "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
                            Quote:Cath

Comment

Downsizing.......DUMB DUMB & DUMMER

Ditto to Poodleluv. This practice of breeding down dogs to create mini's is dumb. They all end up with huge vet bills. I groom teacup Poodles that have had cataracts since they were 4 years old...both of them. Both have ugly, knarly back hips and what use are they????? Some breeder gets top dollar selling the word "cute"....not sensible.

Poochlady

Comment

Working...
                              X