Learning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learning

Had a bichon here this week-a first for me. Books, videos, reading forum, turned out reasonable for first time.
    Today I had my first ever shih tzu scheduled. Again, lots of time studying to be ready. And then it was a no call no show.
    Luckily my next appointment could come early, and I had the afternoon off to go for groceries. ( lemonade from lemons)
    And I did enjoy spending time learning more about grooming the breed. Don’t do enough of that.
    But I have been working 6 days out of 7 for 6 weeks now, and calls keep coming. I am tired and in no mood for disrespect.
    So you want to book with me again Mr? $100 to make an appointment. Or if I’m tired when I answer the phone, $200.

Yeah, I don’t have time for disrespect, either. Had a customer last year, didn’t show up for her appointment (and I text reminders the day before), then contact me a week later asking for appointment. I told her she missed her last one and if she wanted another, there will be $40 charge on top of grooming charge. She had the nerve to say “if you change your mind about that charge, let me know because I like how you groom my dog”. Well, long story short, she paid the fee, and now responds immediately to my texts with “confirmed!”

Comment

Keep in mind though some limits. There are some cities, regions whatever where if you charge more for what is almost the same amount work, it is illegal.

Comment

I know that my $100-$200 ‘charge’ is over the top, but when a customer pulls the no call no show **** we lose revenue. If you have a written policy stating a charge for that, I wonder how that would work out in the courts in those areas. Because you aren’t charging double for the groom. You are charging a normal fee for this groom, and a normal or stated fee for the lost revenue.

Comment

And the bichon is coming back! Very nice lady, dog was fine, my groom certainly sub-par. But I know how much my one and only Westie grooms improved, so hopefully I can do the same with the bichon. Anyone have a favorite bichon video they can recommend? There are so many out there.

Comment

Lindsey Dicken on youtube
            <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks Parti. That was a good one. Lindsey has a nice teaching style

Comment

Working...
              X