Cockapoo? I think not...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cockapoo? I think not...

So this client bought this dog from petland and was told it was a "purebred cockapoo". When it walked in today it has long straight hair on top of curly hair and to me looked just like a doodle... Maybe it's just me, but this looks unlike any cockapoo I have ever groomed!!

What do you think?
    Attached Files

What's a purebred cockapoo?

Comment

Oh you know, the prestigious dog that obviously isn't a mutt... Most definitely not a cocker spaniel and poodle mix! Lol. Sorry. Designer dogs are kind of silly to me. Especially when people lie about the breed to make a buck.

Comment

He's cute, but sure doesn't look like any Cockapoo I've ever seen. But again I've never seen a "purebreed cockapoo" either.
        Don't they ever listen to the news? Who would buy a puppy from Petland? They aren't the best place to buy from, no pet shop is a good place to buy a puppy from!
        "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
        Diane

Comment

As far as I am concerned, goldendoodles are nothing but great big giant jumbo-sized cockapoos.

And the "miniature doodles" we get in for grooming are nothing but cockapoos.

Broad as it is long.

Comment

Depending on the dog's age, the long, straight, hair you see could well be the tail end of the puppy coat...if the dog is going through coat change. She looks pretty darn similar to 3 of the 6 Cockapoos I groom, except mine all have docked tails.
            Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Don't know about the term 'pure breed cockapoo' but it looks just like most all of the cockapoos I groom.
              Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn View Post
                Don't know about the term 'pure breed cockapoo' but it looks just like most all of the cockapoos I groom.
                Exactly to both points!

Comment

Is it big???

The pics look like it's too big for a cockapoo pup, so I agree that it's a Doodle if that is true.

Straight hair is puppy coat, adult coat is now growing in under that.

Comment

Looks like a purebred cockapoo to me! Of course, they can look like just about anything...being purebred cockapoos and all. I had one growing up, but that was back when the neighbor's poodle got hold of the other neighbor's cocker! Acted like a grumpy cocker as well!

Comment

It's a cockapoo. Probably a second or third generation. Cockapoo remixed with a poodle.

And as everyone else questioned what's a purebred cockapoo? Lol

---
                      I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=35.993054,-115.135553

Comment

Looks just like a bunch of the cockapoos I groom! SERIOUSLY.
                        <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Looks just like a goldendoodle I did yesterday except MUCH smaller!

Comment

Cockadoodledooooooo.
                            Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.- Richard Carlson

Comment

I've noticed a lot of pet stores sell cockapoo's as miniature goldendoodles. I mean, really!? Why doesnt their vet have the common sense to tell the owners their dog is not what it actually is? Why do I always have to be the one to bring it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X