Mix dog with standing ears ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mix dog with standing ears ?

I have this Pyrenean x bichon or kinda! She has standing ears but the shape of her ears are really rounded more like Bat ears kind but Fluffly! If it was like yorkie ears, I would clip only a few but this I can't!
    I'm not really worried about this one specific dog because the owners aren't exigent, they like how I do!
    But if I ever got a new one like this with more exigent owners, I would like to have many options!
    Here're pictures before/after with only cutting the length! What would you do ? Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443732170.476734.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	1138874
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443732185.381144.jpg
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	1138875

Frenchie, she is too dang cute just like you do her.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

I love what you've done with her!
      Some other options:

Trim to leather all the way around for a cute mousey look

Leave long--alternately try shaving the inside of the leathers to 1/2" from the edge to reduce weight and enhance shape.

Shave tips just like a Yorkie. Even though they're round, tipping them can still look really cute if the rest of the ear is left long.

Chinese Crested Powder Puff ears: shave the top half to 2/3 of the ear so it sticks up out of the long head hair (long head hair is essential for this look).

Tassels! This would probably look silly, but it's something I would be tempted to try if it was my dog.

Comment

Love this suggestions. I get a number of 'windmill eared' dogs in and can never be happy with the final look

Comment

Whats Tassels ? Do you have a picture ?

Comment

So cute! Great ears! Good job Frenchie
            It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
            Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Frenchie, what kind of finishing comb is that in the picture? I saw a video a couple months back and the girl was using the same one. I've been looking for one, but don't know who makes it!

Comment

I brought it on chadog.fr a French wholesaler. They call it a fancy comb, the brand name is Doogy.
                I found it on amazon too : http://www.amazon.com/Fearless-Alpac.../dp/B00VJ9Y0S4

Comment

I've seen those at the different trade shows! I can't remember whose booth exactly it was at, but it was one of the largest ones - cherrybrook, Davis, groomers mall, frank Rowe and sons, one of those huge booths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchie View Post
                    Whats Tassels ? Do you have a picture ?
                    Tassel ears are the standard for Dandie Dinmonts and Bedlingtons:

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443909853.829347.jpg
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	1122190

But I saw it done on this Westie and I think it's really cute! I've always wanted to try tassels on an upright eared dog.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443909916.509097.jpg
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	1122191

And here's a tassel eared llama, just for fun.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443909977.209241.jpg
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	1122192

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchie View Post
                      I brought it on chadog.fr a French wholesaler. They call it a fancy comb, the brand name is Doogy.
                      I found it on amazon too : http://www.amazon.com/Fearless-Alpac.../dp/B00VJ9Y0S4
                      Thanks! Ordering a couple next week! And btw I love the groom you did! I agree, tassels wold be super cute

Comment

Originally posted by plaidjaguar View Post
                        Tassel ears are the standard for Dandie Dinmonts and Bedlingtons:
                        [ATTACH]27114[/ATTACH]

But I saw it done on this Westie and I think it's really cute! I've always wanted to try tassels on an upright eared dog.
                        [ATTACH]27115[/ATTACH]

And here's a tassel eared llama, just for fun.
                        [ATTACH]27116[/ATTACH]
                        I like the tassels on that Westy. I have only done tassels on a poodle yrs ago........had forgotten about them. I am going to do tassels on next dog that comes in with standing ears...most owners give me a free hand with grooming, they just want cute.......tassels are cute. Thanks for jarring my brain.
                        Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn View Post
                          I like the tassels on that Westy. I have only done tassels on a poodle yrs ago........had forgotten about them. I am going to do tassels on next dog that comes in with standing ears...most owners give me a free hand with grooming, they just want cute.......tassels are cute. Thanks for jarring my brain.
                          I'm so jealous! I wish my clients would give me more leeway. They always want generic teddy trims.
                          Even when I add flair like longer legs for balance, they ask me to shorten the legs at the next grooming. Ugh.

Comment

I agree with plaid on suggestions. You can alternatively grow full ears out like long fringe.
                            Or slightly shorten them to make sure they stand up. I take the tip short straight across first then round out the rest to get that cute look. This dog I decided to let his ears be longer
                            If it's a girl, trim the tips and put BLING on them! I know this dog doesn't have upright ears so I trimmed the rest of her ear hair but on up ears just part the hair, trim the tips and only shape the longer hair.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X