Round face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round face

I cannot get this dogs face to be round. Ever.
    I am a bit of a newbie to grooming. So any tips would be appreciated!

It looks round, but then she will open her mouth and her head turns into a weird hexagon shape.
    Is there anything i can do, or is her face just destined to not be round?

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (18).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	1138325Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (17).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	1138324

It looks as though you have the cheeks too full and not enough on the chin and mustache.At least as far as I can tell with my head cocked to the side.

It's simple physics really, you can't make a square of a triangle or a circle you know? It reminds me of an old customer of mine who wanted 'a perfect snow cone' head on her poodle, BUT she wanted it SUPER short over the eyes. Ummm, can't do both.

Comment

Thanks cockerluvr

yeah not sure what happened to the pics, they were right way up even when selecting them to be attached. Now theyre not.

Comment

Look in the mirror and try to keep the same shape to your face when you smile wide with your mouth open.

Couldja do it? Lol.

The dogs fur is gonna move with however its skin/muscles/bodyparts move. Sometimes its the angle. Thats why asian style faces dont look as "asian-y" when viewed from the side.

The length of a dogs face can make it hard to accomplish a round face too. Imagine a WFT witha teddy bear head. Its never gonna be perfectly round unless its super lkng fur like a bichon

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ChassyGirl View Post
          Look in the mirror and try to keep the same shape to your face when you smile wide with your mouth open.

Couldja do it? Lol.

The dogs fur is gonna move with however its skin/muscles/bodyparts move. Sometimes its the angle. Thats why asian style faces dont look as "asian-y" when viewed from the side.

The length of a dogs face can make it hard to accomplish a round face too. Imagine a WFT witha teddy bear head. Its never gonna be perfectly round unless its super lkng fur like a bichon

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
          True. Thank you.
          That makes me feel better about it I could just never keep it rounded when she pants.

Comment

I have Bichon Shihtzu with same style of mouth so I took way more off the areas that widen when he pants toyou can see I need to take more off right side... here are older pics of him

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

This is my idea of a round face. Granted the dog isn't panting, but there is more in the middle on the top of the head and way more beard. I just don't think you can get round with the head as short as you have it.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Itza!
                I love seeing things in pictures. They definitely help

Thanks Cockerluvr. I can see what you mean. I don't think i can either, can i do that with a super short clip on the body?
                Or would it always look out of proportion?

Comment

If the shortness of the top if the head and the beard are an owner request, I would think that you could probably get away with just shortening the cheeks to improve the look.

I generally run my which ever guide comb I used on the top of the head against the grain of the hair on the cheeks to lop off bulk and then even it out with scissors and thinners from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It won't look head heavy unless you have tones of beard.

Comment

Originally posted by ItzaClip! View Post
                      I have Bichon Shihtzu with same style of mouth so I took way more off the areas that widen when he pants toyou can see I need to take more off right side... here are older pics of him

So pretty!

Comment

Working...
                      X