"Biewer" terrier/Yorkie/??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daesue View Post
    I tried to get my cat breeder friend to give me a lesson.. but it was like doing algebra with a twist of physics. And all it takes is ONE judge to show you how wrong you are lololol... Tabbies, torties, torbies, patched, solid, ticked, mackerel.
    Naaaah. To me, cats are simple:

Striped, blotched, spotted, solid - with, or without, white markings.

That's cat colors. Anything else is humans trying to muddle up the obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by plaidjaguar View Post
      Cat genetics are fascinating! And much more complicated than horse genetics. They have a lot more color and pattern options. There's half a dozen different kinds of tabby, plus points, spots, white patches like horses, and even tricolor, which doesn't occur in horses.

Dogs fall somewhere between cats and horses in the genetic color complexity scale.
      Just one reason I like Labradors lololol... 3 colors.

Debbie
      Debbie
      There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Comment

[QUOTE=Doubledogdare;598669]Naaaah. To me, cats are simple:

Striped, blotched, spotted, solid - with, or without, white markings.

That's cat colors. Anything else is humans trying to muddle up the obvious.[/QUOT

LOL.. unless you are on day 2 of a show, and ONE judge says.. "your cat isn't a silver and white tabby. It is a silver and white MACKEREL tabby." And all the paperwork has to be redone in order to redeem your points.. then you give your breeder the stink eye lol because you realize the judge is right.

Debbie
        Debbie
        There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Comment

Originally posted by Novemberrain View Post
          I thought jack russel/papillon mix. His head has some strikingly similar appearances to a Yorkie though.
          I think he's so cute! You did a nice job on the groom He actually reminds me of my Parson Russell terrier a little bit in the body and in the muzzle. Definitely not in the ears- you are right, those look more like yorkie ears. I have only seen pictures of a papiloon so I don't know if these are similar or not. It's so fun to try to guess the breed isn't it? hugs, Jolie

Comment

Working...
          X