Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hucksmom
    replied
    I have one that I groom, owner is nuts!! Dog is nuts!!! They are a great combination. They pair of them came in vet office the other day as the doodle had a massive ear infection and the vet was simply speechless as to how nuts they both were. Vet was trying to put drops in dogs ear, owner was feeding dog meatballs and I think I would have just laughed at shear frustration on vets face. You can have my doodle anytime.

Leave a comment:

• GroomsDoodles
    replied
    I do tons of doodles since I own one and happily tell people that yes, I do groom her myself and you may certainly make an appointment with me. HOWEVER, I groom my own doodle very short (4 with scissored legs, sometimes 4 all over) and once they see how good a doodle can look at that short length, they often want it for their own! I explain that in order for me to do a long length on their dog, they have to comb the dog properly, and I show them the mats on their dog and use the comb that is always in my pocket to show them that it won't come out without shaving. Then they come more regularly

I hope someday I can have all doodles and poodles and cockapoos every day!

Leave a comment:

• Crazyanimal
    replied
    Doodle Grooming Instructions from International Doodle Owners Group

I do a lot of doodles and they're about 50/50 on well maintained vs not. Got one this week that comes in weekly for baths and is groomed monthly, and another I haven't seen since September, I'm not looking forward to her!!

Leave a comment:

• Dukesmom
    replied
    I think I have the rarest ocmbination possible. 2 great doodles and great owners. They are NEVER matted riley comes in every 3 wks gets hair cut evvry 6 and charlie comes in every 7 or so weeks and gets a 3. he has irish setter like hair so no biggie. BOTh dogs however are plotting my demise as they always try to sufficate me in dog kisses.

Leave a comment:

• ferretlov
    replied
    [QUOTE=PawfessionalTouch;484255]years, That whole page is like a joke... and who would give the owner that many choices? QUOTE]
    probably the breeder ....not the groomer.

Leave a comment:

• plaidjaguar
    replied
    Doodle Grooming Instructions from International Doodle Owners Group

Originally posted by Dayna View Post
    "I can keep her in as long of a coat as you want. 7F comes in every 8 weeks. 3F comes in Every 4 weeks. 0 comb comes in every 2 weeks, longer comes in every week. You decide how often you want to come in and I can adjust the legth accordingly".
    I LOVE THIS! It's pure genius. I'm definitely going to start using that.

Leave a comment:

• SilverStarWing
    replied
    I have one goldendoodle that comes in every 2-3 months. Something just a bath, others a longer haircut. They actually keep him brushed out. When I first started grooming him he was 5 years old and had never had a haircut. But one day he told me to take some length off! Gasp! So I did a C comb with scissored legs. Eventually I was able to take the dog down with a 1 Comb, fuller legs. But I always charged him happily for it. Xmas 2011 he never booked an appointment. I found out why 5 months later. He had decided to try a cheaper place, and they shaved his dog with a 7 claiming it was matted. HAHAHA. You get what you pay for. Even what little matting he did come in with every once in a while, it came right out!

Leave a comment:

• jdarla
    replied
    I really like your schedule with the length of hair corresponding to how often they come in!

Leave a comment:

• Dayzeemay
    replied
    I had this picture brought to me so that I would know how to groom a oay swims in the pool goldendoodle. Pp had been given this by her breeder to give to the Groomer so that I would know how. I promptly emailed the breeder and told her where she could put her "standards". (respectfully of course)

Leave a comment:

• jgirlfromca
    replied
    i dont get doodles... i have a poodle.. every year he looks like a different dog... on of my fave winter styles is a round face. i get so many ppl asking is he a doodle.. and I am always like no, poodle... ..... just dont get them.... Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0099.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	1118553

Leave a comment:

• robie girl
    replied
    I have one like Fast Ellie........

Leave a comment:

• Peaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Dayna View Post
    "I can keep her in as long of a coat as you want. 7F comes in every 8 weeks. 3F comes in Every 4 weeks. 0 comb comes in every 2 weeks, longer comes in every week. You decide how often you want to come in and I can adjust the legth accordingly".
    LOVE it! LOL so true.

Leave a comment:

• Dayna
    replied
    I have LOTS of doodles that I groom. Sam gets a 0 comb all over with a scruffy face but short on the chin (she doesn't like all that water leaking on her) and his tail gets an A comb.

Biscuit on the other hand comes every 4 weeks and gets a 7F all over with poodle feet, a fluffy tail and a big ol fluffy head.

All my doodles are different, all different sizes, coat types, coat colors, wirey and fluffy and poofy and tangly and matted and never matted. I get them all!

I've "trained" my owners to accept responsabillity for maintaining at home. I told one lady that wanted her doodle long

Leave a comment:

• Doubledogdare
    replied
    It must be the weather or something - the Doodles we get are virtually never matted.

Like, never.

Some owners get them taken down short in the summer anyway, but our typical Doodle goes from tub to table to dried to a longer comb cut and home in time for lunch. And they are well-behaved to boot.

Leave a comment:

• Fast Ellie
    replied
    My only doodle dog is done monthly and has never been clipped down. Great dog. GREAT owner.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X