Doodle Grooming Instructions from International Doodle Owners Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doodle Grooming Instructions from International Doodle Owners Group

I had a doodle come in for grooming last week and his owner had instructions from the International Doodle Owners Group website. It was actually a very helpful document where the owner has choices regarding lengths,etc. and makes choices and check marks their decisions.
    Here is the link
    http://idog.biz/Pictures/Professiona...mer%20Inst.pdf

International Doodle Owners? Good grief......

Comment

LOL

"Helfpful document", huh? That would be IF the dog wasn't matted! Love their definition of "summer cut" being about 1" and the black Doodle is fluffy and scissored. Hmmmmmmm......many owners will be disappointed with their shave!

And I love the "before" photos, with dogs so overgrown!

Oh well.

Comment

I'm hoping this doesn't get out to too many Golden/Poo X's!! It looks like trouble to me.

Comment

For a certain percentage of the Doodles I see...that would be called a "Wish List", lol!

They forget a box at the bottom that says "#7 blade all over due to extreme, excessive, unbelievable, matting". [wink]
          Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

They forgot to mention shaving the face because doodle always mats in the beard and it always smells like a damn sewer.

Comment

Anyone find the last line on the bottom of the last page amusing?

"Where People Go To Get As Smart As A Doodle"

Comment

Originally posted by 4Sibes View Post
                For a certain percentage of the Doodles I see...that would be called a "Wish List", lol!

They forget a box at the bottom that says "#7 blade all over due to extreme, excessive, unbelievable, matting". [wink]
                Haha exactly, a "wish list" and I love how their two length options are 1"/2" or 2"/3" most of my doodles aren't anywhere close to this. One of my favorite doodles came in last week, wasn't matted (finally a non-matted doodle this month!) and still asked for a short trim for summer. She came in today for a vet appt and told me how happy she was with the short easy maintenance trim and if it was ok to keep him this length all year round! I wonder if she could hold a meeting and talk some sense into all my doodle owners haha.

Comment

I think I've only been able to leave an inch on one doodle in my whole career of 6 years, and he was one of those wirey types. That whole page is like a joke... and who would give the owner that many choices? If they request it, thats fine, but to ask them "hey would you like a sanitary trim?". Maybe they should provide a page on what kind of prices(ranges) you should expect and the amount of work involved for grooming a doodle. Instead of "they hardly need any grooming at all, but tell your groomer how to do it since they aren't capable on their own!"...

Comment

My only doodle dog is done monthly and has never been clipped down. Great dog. GREAT owner.

Comment

It must be the weather or something - the Doodles we get are virtually never matted.

Like, never.

Some owners get them taken down short in the summer anyway, but our typical Doodle goes from tub to table to dried to a longer comb cut and home in time for lunch. And they are well-behaved to boot.

Comment

I have LOTS of doodles that I groom. Sam gets a 0 comb all over with a scruffy face but short on the chin (she doesn't like all that water leaking on her) and his tail gets an A comb.

Biscuit on the other hand comes every 4 weeks and gets a 7F all over with poodle feet, a fluffy tail and a big ol fluffy head.

All my doodles are different, all different sizes, coat types, coat colors, wirey and fluffy and poofy and tangly and matted and never matted. I get them all!

I've "trained" my owners to accept responsabillity for maintaining at home. I told one lady that wanted her doodle long

"I can keep her in as long of a coat as you want. 7F comes in every 8 weeks. 3F comes in Every 4 weeks. 0 comb comes in every 2 weeks, longer comes in every week. You decide how often you want to come in and I can adjust the legth accordingly".

Comment

Originally posted by Dayna View Post
                          "I can keep her in as long of a coat as you want. 7F comes in every 8 weeks. 3F comes in Every 4 weeks. 0 comb comes in every 2 weeks, longer comes in every week. You decide how often you want to come in and I can adjust the legth accordingly".
                          LOVE it! LOL so true.

Comment

I have one like Fast Ellie........

Comment

i dont get doodles... i have a poodle.. every year he looks like a different dog... on of my fave winter styles is a round face. i get so many ppl asking is he a doodle.. and I am always like no, poodle... ..... just dont get them.... Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0099.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	1118553

Comment

Working...
                              X