Poodle-Mix (not sure) HOW TO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poodle-Mix (not sure) HOW TO?

OK so I am in Training of becoming a Groomer, and I would like to practice on my own Dog.

I found her years ago and am not sure what breed she is. (If anyone knows please tell me!)

I'm pretty sure she is from some poodle type of breed.

So Basically I want to know how you would go about doing this style on her http://i43.tinypic.com/k1f4pd.jpg (The style the last groomer did)
    from this http://i41.tinypic.com/5fnf9w.jpg

That's not the same dog is it? The first dog looks like a poodle (mostly) and the other one looks more like a yorki/poo thing! I wouldn't groom these dogs the same. I'd shorten up the body ( on the 2nd one) with say a #4 and scissor the legs into the body leaving the legs a little longer. JMO

Comment

I think she is a Schnauzer/Poodle.
      "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
      People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

The Look

To acheive that look I would use a 5 or 7 on the body, it looks like the groomer used the blade everywhere except the head even down the legs. The head isn't clear from the picture but it seems the face from the eyes down has been Schnauzered, as in the face is shaved clean from the eyes back to the ear and down around the cheeks leaving a beard of sorts around the muzzle. The top of the head seems to just have been trimmed up to keep it fluffy, it looks a little messy in the pic, you can use a comb and some thinners together to trim it up a little.
        Good luck, post a pic when you try it.

Comment

Originally posted by LJRSnowcat View Post
          That's not the same dog is it? The first dog looks like a poodle (mostly) and the other one looks more like a yorki/poo thing! I wouldn't groom these dogs the same. I'd shorten up the body ( on the 2nd one) with say a #4 and scissor the legs into the body leaving the legs a little longer. JMO
          YES, She is the same dog LOL

Comment

Working...
          X