Afghan/Poodle mix ideas wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afghan/Poodle mix ideas wanted

Anyone groom an Afghan/Poodle mix and share how you groomed the dog?

I've one that comes in for a bath and the hair trimmed around the feet but now for the summer the owner wants less hair.

The dog basically looks like an brindle Afghan in small height and lots of hair on the long tail. Hair straight and long on legs and body but super thick on body and on neck. The hair on top of the head has a combination of straight and curly and wavy hair and wavy hair on checks and under the behind ears. Owner doesn't want the dog to have a poodle cut - not sure what she means about that until I see her today.

-Karen De

Afghan/Poodle mix ideas wanted

I groomed this Afghan mix this afternoon. Owner now says he is an Afghan SHELTIE mix. Ok, I can believe that. I printed off some Afghan pictures full coated from the web and found some puppy pictures of some show win photos of Afghans. Owner liked the puppy Afghan look so I put on the comb attachments and took off his beautiful long hair. Got a picture of the finished groom while owner was taking him to her car. (let me see if I can attach a pic) -Karen DeClick image for larger version

Name:	Bently 003..jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	1117536Click image for larger version

Name:	Bently 007..jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	1117537

Comment

Beautiful dog and very nice groom. To me thought the dog looks like a cocker/aussi mix. I groom couple of them and they look exectly like this one. One is tri colored and other one is merle. I don't see a poodle and afgan producing such a short muzzled dog but who knows.

Comment

That is one beautiful dog. Nice groom, too!

Comment

Originally posted by lexapurple View Post
          Beautiful dog and very nice groom. To me thought the dog looks like a cocker/aussi mix. I groom couple of them and they look exectly like this one. One is tri colored and other one is merle. I don't see a poodle and afgan producing such a short muzzled dog but who knows.
          Thank you for the compliment. I've been bathing and trimming this dog regularly and hated to cut the lovely long hair off. Interesting the breed mixes. She now tells me she's been told he is an Afghan/Sheltie mix but I can see what you're saying about an aussi mix though I don't see any cocker in him.

Comment

Originally posted by DaisyMae View Post
            That is one beautiful dog. Nice groom, too!
            He is beautiful isn't he! The brindle is so pronounced. Unusual 'blue' hairs that run down the legs though it's difficult to see it with his hair cut off. Thank you for the compliment on the groom job. -Karen De

Comment

Wow, what a neat mix. Love the groom too.

I would love to see this dog in a lion trim with a lion tail and nice full mane. The brindle is so orange and pronounced - it would like like a lion with tiger stripes.

Comment

Working...
              X