Toby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toby

Here is one of my favorite mixed breed clients. Toby is a CockerxPoo. He used to be a demon, but dad learned a ton from watching Ceasar and Toby has too! I am thinking of using him for competition. I still have to manage his head better. He has a wonderful coat!

Here is his picture...
    Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful job. That's a great looking coat!

Comment

Wow!! He looks great! Great job!!

Comment

Toby is a love...

Toby is beautiful. I love his coat. I think he would make an excellent comp. dog.

Comment

Edited.
            Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-20-07, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Thanks all! I am still trying to imagine a different, more under control head... Any ideas?

Comment

Lovely coat

and lovely groom. Looks like great scissoring.

I don't feel inclined to suggest at all, but since you were asking, I'll just share what I would have done differently.

I do the heads a bit differently, scissoring the side of the "mustache" area shorter and the cheek area shorter. I would perhaps also cut a bit around the eyes above, but it does look fine. I personally like eyes well seen. Top of head looks perfect. Oh and almost always I scissor off the front of the muzzle to rid the pooch of the red/dark stains.
                Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Lisa, The head is under controll its those ears... I think you may whoop my butt with this cutie! Jared used a dog that like by the way, Did well.. Call Me!

Comment

Pretty dog! If you want to keep the same cut Arrooh had some good ideas, that's what I do too. But, if you want to change the cut. How about a European cut? That's my favorite.

Comment

Hes so pretty you could go w/ a poodle cut or bichon..

Comment

Awesome, Gosd I wish I would get some dogs with a coat like that. He is beautiful
                        "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
                        Nancy

Comment

Originally posted by barknpurr View Post
                          Thanks all! I am still trying to imagine a different, more under control head... Any ideas?
                          the top knot looks good nice balence ect as for appearing more undercontrol I would tighten the area from the ear to the eye corner then use thinning shears to bring down the bulk of his mussle and blend ..he does appear to have a great coat to work with .other than that and you asked lol.good job.its soo nice to see real groomers for a change.keep up the good work

Comment

Bubblesaway, my thoughts exactly about the ears. Are they growing out from being shaved? Are the ears really that big or is there a lot of hair?
                            Tasseling the ears might be kinda cute...Beautiful groom otherwise!

Comment

first of all beautiful groom! i think i would try a porti type head, clip the ears, maybe with a 4, then let the beard and cheek area grow a bit longer to disguise the large ears. or you could grow the ears and do a poodle clip, maybe with a mustache and goatee. take pics and let us know what you decide

Comment

Working...
                              X