Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And you thought grooming puppies was hard...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And you thought grooming puppies was hard...

Well, this was another first for me. My silkie chicken, Chocobo, had an extremely poofy head. I felt bad for her not being able to see anymore, she was very cautious everywhere she went, not finding the food as quickly as the others, so tonight she got her first haircut. It was really hard! haha! Chickens wiggle way more than dogs! I think she looks stylin now though, and now she can see!
    Attached Files

Glad it was you and not me!
    Very nice.
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane

Comment

I think her new mohawk needs some color LOL
      If you sweat the small stuff, all you have is small soggy stuff.....

Comment

Cute!!

That is a cool looking chicken good job i'm sure it will be glad to see!

Comment

That is one fancy looking chicken! We don't see many of those here in NJ. lol All she needs is a bandana.
          www.gomobileandsucceed.com
          http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Too funny

hahahahaha - never saw a chicken get a haircut before!! Cute!

Comment

Originally posted by stewiedog View Post
              I think her new mohawk needs some color LOL
              oooo good idea!!!

Comment

Thats funny,,now you can add chicken grooming to your resume,,,,lol

Comment

I love the chicken's new style. Last year at the county fair they had a whole flock of silkie chickens dyed with vinegar and food color. There were pink and orange and green and yellow and blue ones. They looked very cool. Perhaps this year they can at a cut to the color and have a new poultry contest!

Comment

That is like...one of the coolest "before and afters" I have ever seen!!!! You did a great job and obviously you don't suffer from "the palsy"...such smoooooth seeeezir lines!

Hope chickie appreciated that this time..."off w/ yo head" had a totally different meaning!

I'm so jealous. I want me some dandelion headed chickens...and NO, Sheilab..I am not gonna steal them from Chicken Debbie, 2 doors down.
                    Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

That is so cool. Good job!

Comment

How cute! I used to have silkies, till a skunk killed them all. They do not make good egg layers though.

Comment

Originally posted by Angie View Post
                          How cute! I used to have silkies, till a skunk killed them all. They do not make good egg layers though.
                          This is our first year of having chickens, they are all between 7-8 months old, only two are laying, and one is my tiniest silkie! She is sooo small, probably only about 10" tall but so far is laying her eggs about 5 days a week. I'm so proud of her!

Comment

Oh gosh! Don't let my chickens see that! Between the silkies and the polish I'd have even crazier looking crazy chickens out in the yard. A little blue-coat on feathers lasts a looong time, just saying...

Comment

I have a silkie (she's a bantam and black) I just pluck the feathers that grow in front of her eyes.

I worked for an exotic vet for 5 years and he never cut the feathers unless he was trimming wings, he usually plucked the area that needed to be examined, or worked on.

I actually think for our purposes trimming might be a better idea though. I'm going to have to try that next time Sven needs a topknot redo! Good idea!

Comment

Working...
                              X