No announcement yet.

Need Help Please! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I do asian I do a 4 reverse on the chin. It really is short. Kinda hard to get used to but it's what really makes it look like the asian style.

Comment

The dog looks very very cute ant I think you did a great job. As hair grows you will be able to get close to the Japanese fusion style the owner is asking. These styles are usually easy to perform on Poodles, Maltese, and Shih Tzu and other breeds like Yorkie and now Schnauzer Basically body is #5 and the rest of parts are scissors work only if possible(Japanese stylists are trained to use scissors for over year in school, they are very skilled to create these art of grooming). This case length of cheek is mostly #5 blade long with a big donut figure muzzle and very short chin. Top of nose is high enough to close to a lower eye lid area. Legs go with boots figure, start tight on elbow to go wider on bottoms. Short length on body, cheek, and chin that emphasizes fluffy head and legs. Hope this helps

Comment

Oh I forgot to answer your question! About a top knot, if you intend to have the top with long hair including ears as that picture, please leave hair naturally. It is like a Standard top knot on Poodle. The same length goes to neck area. If you intend to create a Teddy bear look, please blend the top of head into neck area like we do on Bichon or Poodle. Hope it helps

Comment

About top knot if you intend to do Japanese way, please leave hair length at the same length of head or ears and keep it around neck area so you can manage to braid top knot or ear with it. If you want to create round top knot, please leave hair also and blend it into neck area like you normally do on bichon or poodle top knot. Never clip right behind skull. Hope this helps

Comment

I think you did a great job and I'm loving this forum. I have been in business for 30 years and I love learning from all groomers!

Comment

Working...
            X