Poodle Salon Vol. 1 Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poodle Salon Vol. 1 Photos

I am an American living in Okinawa, Japan on a military base. I ventured into a Japanese book store a couple weeks ago and happened to find a Japanese Poodle style book. It's called Poodle Salon vol. 1. Has loads of photos in it. This morning I was playing with my scanner and decided to scan some of my favorites so I could show you all. The Japanese groomers on Okinawa don't seem to get this creative. I think they leave all the fancy stuff to the groomers in Tokyo and Osaka! Although this book is in Japanese, there are diagrams for each style. If I had willing participants I might try some of them myself. I do have a couple poodles moms who like the Japanese style faces.
    Attached Files

Thank you for sharing!

Some interesting styling - always enjoy seeing the Japanese styling (not necessarily TRYING it, but seeing it, lol).

Do Poodles in Japan tend to have lighter coats than many in the US? I ask that because so many styles have a LOT of hair (especially lower legs) and it looks kind of light and fluffy, not very curly.

Comment

Originally posted by Debbiedogs View Post
      Some interesting styling - always enjoy seeing the Japanese styling (not necessarily TRYING it, but seeing it, lol).

Do Poodles in Japan tend to have lighter coats than many in the US? I ask that because so many styles have a LOT of hair (especially lower legs) and it looks kind of light and fluffy, not very curly.
      I'm not sure if their coats are that different. I have a client with two toy poodles which are JKC (Japanese Kennel Club) and they both have dense curly coats. One of them is red with an almost brown stripe down the middle of her back. They are coming in next week. So, I'll try to take photos of them. I don't see a lot of poodles here. I see mostly long hair doxies and yorkies and a lot of Maltese and a fair amount of Shihs.

The first time I groomed a poodle with a teddy bear face I felt - I don't know - defiled or something. LOL! I learned how to groom with my uncle who had toy and standard show poodles. So grooming a poodle without a clean face is somehow just not right! Although, they I must say they did look cute with their little teddy bear faces.....just not like poodles. I think I'm gonna show some of the easier and more pet friendly styles to my poodle mom and see if she is willing to let me play around with them. She is dead set against the clean faces. She might let me do some different things with the rest of the body!

Comment

They are so cute and creative! I love it. I really like the dreadlocks on that one poodle. Are the ears shaved underneath that? I can't see them.

Comment

Love the tan one with the brown ears he is cute.

The bracelets on that gray guy on the end seem huge to me.

Wonder if we can find that book on amazon

Comment

I would love to see the diagrams!
            Bulldogs are adorable, with faces like toads that have been sat on.

Comment

thanks for

sending those pics they are great if you have a mind to send more I know I would love it, Im going to google the book to see if I can get it here in the states. Dawn

Comment

Those are so interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Dog Daze View Post
                  Wonder if we can find that book on amazon
                  I was wondering the same thing....I'd love to have that book!!!!
                  ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
                  Apparently common sense isn't all that common
                  *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

Do you have a link where we can order the book? I couldn't find it on Amazon.
                    ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
                    Apparently common sense isn't all that common
                    *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

The ISBN on the book

the ISBN on the book is 978-4-416-70951-1. The book looks like a magazine, but they actually call it a Mook. There are some others in here that are way cute. I'll try to upload some more this afternoon. I've got dogs all day today (It's already Monday morning in Japan). So, I'll try to get some uploaded soon when I'm waiting on pickups.

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
                        They are so cute and creative! I love it. I really like the dreadlocks on that one poodle. Are the ears shaved underneath that? I can't see them.
                        I don't think the ears are shaved. They look pretty fluffy and the diagram shows that they are long with a huge pom on the tail and clean feet.

Comment

Thanks for sharing! I love the Japanese styling and would really like to try it on a few clients!

Comment

Thank you so much Okigroomer for sharing those. I really enjoyed the pics. Are there any detailed diagrams you could share if you have the time?

Thanks so much!

Comment

http://www.livrariasol.com.br/ficha.php?id=671

This is all I can find so far on this Mook. I amstill trying to find a book store in the US with this magazine, and will let you know if I do.
                              LOVE the cover shot!
                              <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X