reiki in grooming shop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reiki in grooming shop?

I was wondering if anyone offers reiki or any other form of energy work in their grooming shop, and if so, how exactly you do it? (Before or after grooming? as a completely seperate appointment?) I am level 1 certified, and have been working with my pets who love it, and thought it might be a nice service to offer to clients.

Thanks!

What is Reiki? I have never heard of it.
    Mandy, Birdie, Evie, Willie and The Woo
    Check out my Blog at doggydivasdish.com

Comment

What Is Reiki?

Reiki practitioners channel energy in a particular pattern to heal and harmonize. Unlike other healing therapies based on the premise of a human energy field, Reiki seeks to restore order to the body whose vital energy has become unbalanced.

Reiki energy has several basic effects: it brings about deep relaxation, destroys energy blockages, detoxifies the system, provides new vitality in the form of healing universal life energy, and increases the vibrational frequency of the body.

The laying of hands is used in Reiki therapy also as in spiritual healing. There is a difference though. In spiritual healing, a person with a strong energy field places his or her hands above a particular part of the recipient's body in order to release energy into it. So, here the healer is the one who is sending out the energy. In Reiki, however, the healer places the hands above the recipient; however, it is the recipient that draws the energy as needed. Thus, in this case, the individual being healed takes an active part in the healing process as opposed to having a passive part in spiritual healing. The individual takes responsibility for his or her healing. The recipient identifies the needs and cater to them by drawing energy as needed.

Although there are a few positions in which the practitioner is in contact with the patient (such as cradling the head), most Reiki treatments do not involve actual touching. The practitioner holds his or her hands a few inches or farther away from the patient's body and manipulates the energy field from there.

Comment

i would also be very interested in the responses as i have been thinking about it.
        Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
        "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

Wow, Dlightning, what a great explanation!

Comment

I am seriously intrigued by this. Where does one go to get "certification" for this?

Comment

Originally posted by lightning View Post
              What Is Reiki?

The laying of hands is used in Reiki therapy also as in spiritual healing. There is a difference though. In spiritual healing, a person with a strong energy field places his or her hands above a particular part of the recipient's body in order to release energy into it. So, here the healer is the one who is sending out the energy. In Reiki, however, the healer places the hands above the recipient; however, it is the recipient that draws the energy as needed. Thus, in this case, the individual being healed takes an active part in the healing process as opposed to having a passive part in spiritual healing. The individual takes responsibility for his or her healing. The recipient identifies the needs and cater to them by drawing energy as needed.
              I have a question on this. Does the pet know how to "draw" somehow? Does the pet sense it and the effect and "draw" upon it realizing it is feeling better or ? It seems the practitioner could inform the human patient and get them to understand the process, but for a pet? How does one then practice human vs. pet? Thanks.
              Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

My mom is a 3rd degree Reiki practitioner and has offered to teach me. I am seriously considering it. I'll be interested in seeing how you end up offering it. I'm thinking that for financial reasons, maybe you should offer it as a separate appointment.

Comment

Animals do seem to recognize reiki energy, and most really enjoy a treatment...they may come close and let you lay your hands on them, or they may decide to stay a few feet away and relax into a deep nap. Occasionally they will make it clear (through body language- steering clear of you or acting agitated without settling in) that they are not interested in a treatment at that time. Reiki is a wonderful way to bond with an anima

Comment

Thanks, grooming goddess- I'll keep you posted... I think a separate appointment might be the best route, too. For financial reasons as well as allowing the dog to completely relax away from the grooming table.

Doggydivas- in order to get certified, level 1, 2, and three, you need to take a class from a reiki master. Usually it's a one or two day thing, where you learn all about reiki and are 'attuned' by your instructor so you can use reiki energy. That's the basic gist, anyway. Hope that helps! :0)

Comment

I would probably start out doing some appts on a Monday, or another day that is normally a bit slower in my shop. You could always stop grooming entirely that day and devote it purely to Reiki appts if you get enough dogs in for it.

I had it done on myself during my massage and she zeroed right in on the base of my skull. Interestingly I was having sinus issues at the time but i only told her I was having headaches. She informed me that she probably found the pain in the base of my skull because this is an area related to sinus drainage.

Comment

Thanks, Beanermom. Now the next question is, where would someone find a Reiki Master? Is there a website I can go to?

Comment

I do offer Reiki and Sacred Heart, and pathway energy works among some other things, depending on where one is certified, the levels and titles may differ,,,but...I do offer this work and I do it on different days than when I do grooming. All in all, the spa benefits from acknowledging and giving respect to this energy every other day that I don't practice these services for clients, so all in all, I think one compliments all else entirely. It seems to work beautifully for me and anyone who visits or comes for classes always says that they can immediately feel a different atmosphere and energy when they come in.
                          Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
                          www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
                            I have a question on this. Does the pet know how to "draw" somehow? Does the pet sense it and the effect and "draw" upon it realizing it is feeling better or ? It seems the practitioner could inform the human patient and get them to understand the process, but for a pet? How does one then practice human vs. pet? Thanks.
                            Animals do definitely sense and "merge" or "flow" with energy even more openly and freely than many people. Having that they communicate with us on no level of "speech", we speak to each other in just these attuned ways, our outward energy, our body language and the sounds that we can emit via voice and physical movement. With animals, there is no preconceived notion and they communicate so genuinely that their outwards mannerisms and energy are actually easier to pick up on, I feel, than most humans. Animals cannot vocalize to us what is wrong per-say, but even when a person tells their practitioner what is "wrong", that is only their symptoms, and the practitioner must still find the root of these issues, so speaking is still only so helpful, whereas feeling and sharing in this energy is actually far most intuitive and brings a more open feeling of understanding.
                            Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
                            www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

I have found that even a brief 60 seconds of loving reiki energy makes a huge difference in most pets. Its great for grooming stressed or reluctant pets. Reiki can be done anytime/anywhere so whatever works best in your shop could go over well.

Comment

Working...
                              X