Montgomery Terrier Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montgomery Terrier Show

This may be the year I get to go to the Montgomery Terrier show in PA. Has anyone been and can you tell me what it's like? Are exhibitors helpful and friendly? Should I find out when and where different breed clubs are having their specialties the week leading up to it? Any ideas on where to stay?

i've gone a couple of times as a spectator and ring steward. Complete terrier heaven. I've found most people to be very friendly. I last went in 2011 with my 16 year old Australian terrier so the gentleman who fostered him for the Australian Terrier Rescue could see him again. AKC website will have all the show info. I live less than an hour away so I can't help with hotel information.

Comment

My dad actually lives in Blue Bell Pa.! Are you traveling with dogs that you need something pet friendly, or is it just two legs needing a room?

Comment

Montgomery Terrier Show

Aww. That is on my bucket list to do.

Comment

Closest town to the show itself that has hotels is Plymouth Meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by wild4westies View Post
            My dad actually lives in Blue Bell Pa.! Are you traveling with dogs that you need something pet friendly, or is it just two legs needing a room?
            It would just be me, unless anyone else wants to come.

Comment

I have been going about 20 years and it is just an incredible show for Terriers. Internationally. If you are not traveling with dogs you can stay anywhere- there are loads of hotels. As far as are people nice??? They are extremely busy, and this is part of an exhausting 4 day cluster that is pretty spread out. Devon All Breed the day before is a fantastic show as well but is a hike from Bluebell.
              The weather runs the gamut of incredibly beautiful Indian Summers to freezing cold rain and mud- luck of the planet. But don't let that stop - just dress the part and all will be fine.
              You'll never see anything else like it!

Comment

Working...
              X