ID:	1136311Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG956218.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	1136312Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG958400.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	1136313tandard schnauzer I stripped a month or so ago, just didn't get time to post pics until now. He was fun to work on. His dad keeps him in fairly good shape, rakes him regularly, strips him as needed. He has shown this dog a couple of times ("w/ some success" as he said), I don't know if it is AKC, UKC or what, I didn't ask. He has done all the grooming himself on this dog since it was a puppy. I had reservations about doing any work on a show dog (technically we are not supposed to groom them), but he does his own handling and said he just wanted to try me out, if it wasn't exactly what he wanted no big deal. I had a lot of fun w/ this dog, he has such an amazing personality. He wanted to say hi to every dog and person that came into the shop, no barking though, just happy wagging. I am not so good about stacking them correctly, I think that w/ proper stacking that little hump in his back would be flatter. I plucked and raked extra in that spot to get it flat, yet w/ my poor stacking skills it doesn't appear so. I would like the crest of his neck to be a bit thicker, but it was already pretty short so I just barely cleaned up that area. I am not very happy about his featherings, especially the front legs, but the hair wanted to just lay super flat and that made it hard to work w/. We don't really have any product that would help to thicken/stiffen that hair up and I am not allowed to use anything not "approved" so I did the best I could w/ what I had. Anyway, enjoy!
    I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
    -Michelangelo

wow, something went wrong! There are only supposed to be 3 pics, one before and 2 afters. So ignore the last 6 pics! Also, forgot to mention, the pic quality is not so great because a co-worker took them on her Iphone. The bf borrowed my camera and I forgot to stick it back in my purse.
    -Michelangelo

Comment

Wow, I think you did a great job!!

I got a kick out of the "black hole" square you put over your face. Hehe

I've heard, and witnessed that the Iphones are better than a lot of digital cameras.. I do think though that the lighting could have been better. Might not be the phone's fault
      amanda
      ~You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who cannot pay you back~

Comment

hehe, didn't want my pretty face to distract ya'll from my groomin'! I don't think it is the lighting, my camera takes pics fine in that bright azz fluorescent lighting. Iphones do take much better pics then other cell phones, but they still don't beat a decent camera!
        -Michelangelo

Comment

I work at a Petsomething and am curious how you charge for a hand strip. We had a groomer that could handstrip and our manager told her she couldn't do it since there is no way to charge for it.
          He is absolutely beautiful!!! Wish I knew how to handstrip-I want to learn everything!

Comment

Originally posted by Red.rum View Post
            I work at a Petsomething and am curious how you charge for a hand strip. We had a groomer that could handstrip and our manager told her she couldn't do it since there is no way to charge for it.
            He is absolutely beautiful!!! Wish I knew how to handstrip-I want to learn everything!
            i am curious about it as well

Comment

They wouldn't let me strip at ps either. Use a touch of ear powder in the furnishings. It will help them stand. I did the same for westie heads when I worked there. Now I mousse powder and spray.

Great job

Comment

I charge the brush/dematt/scissor fee. That is a catch all for any a la carte grooming service. There is an hour one and a 15 minute one, I just charge as much as needed. I do add the bath & brush charge if they want one, all of them have so far. So for this groom, I charged the b&b, 1 hour long b/d/s and 2 15min b/d/s (1.5 hours of stripping). He was fairly fast and easy because his owner keeps up on it. You could also charge the FSG then the the b/d/s charges, but that was getting the price in a bit higher then I wanted it. I was never told we couldn't strip, just that no one in my salon knew how. I was taught some rudimentary stripping in academy, as in we got to practice plucking on a wire-haired dog that was getting a shave down. I did get a Jodi Murphy DVD on stripping a border terrier, but mostly it is all self taught trial and error. A co-worker generously allowed me to use her mini schnauzer as a guinea pig to learn on.
                Sassy, I do use ear powder on westie heads, but I was afraid to use the ear powder on the legs and then use my shears, wouldn't that dull them? I don't put the powder on the westie heads until most of the trimming is done and then I lightly use my thinners to round it all out.
                My salon manager likes that I know how to strip and is happy to be able to offer it to her customers, even if she can't or doesn't want to learn it herself. There isn't anyone else in our area that does it and in the last year I have gotten 5 strip clients, all just from the clients inquiring if anyone in our shop does it. I don't really put it out there, they have found me.
                -Michelangelo

Comment

Working...
                X