WFT strip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WFT strip

This is a 9 month old WFT I stripped yesterday. He behaved surprisingly well for a 9 month old who has never had any professional grooming. I think next time I will start w/ his head/face first, he was getting tired and cranky w/ me by the time I got to that part. I had a lot of fun w/ this one-it is fun to strip a coat that practically leaps into your fingers! His parents loved it and will be bringing him back to me again! I must say I am pretty proud of this one!

Click image for larger version

Name:	brady.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	1136038Click image for larger version

Name:	brady1.jpg
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	1136039Click image for larger version

Name:	brady2.jpg
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	1136040Click image for larger version

Name:	brady3.jpg
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	1136041
    I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
    -Michelangelo

Looks great!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks really nice for his first time. he must have a great temperment. Pretty pup.

Comment

I agree with others, he looks really good.

Comment

nice job! I hope they bring him in more often now!

Comment

Wow you did a really nice job. I've never done a hand strip and that boy looks wonderful. What tools did you use on him?

Comment

great Job!! he looks really nice and as you said it is so nice to have the coat ready to come out. You realy should be proud of that work.

Comment

mmmm, gratifying work! You did really great for his first visit- can't believe he tolerated all that off- but I know what you mean about it "leaping out",,,ooooh that is so fun! Nice work!
                Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
                www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Originally posted by wendtd View Post
                  Wow you did a really nice job. I've never done a hand strip and that boy looks wonderful. What tools did you use on him?
                  I just used a stripping knife and some coat kings. I will use ear powder if it is a harder pull, but he didn't need that. I don't really even know the brand of knife, just one from a local pet supply. I would like to get one of the small knives for the face/ears, but haven't really gotten around to it yet.
                  -Michelangelo

Comment

Originally posted by brownlikewoah View Post
                    nice job! I hope they bring him in more often now!
                    They did ask what kind of schedule I suggested so I am thinking they want to get him on one. They said his breeder shows and strips her dogs and suggested they do the same, the stripping anyway. I was a bit surprised the breeder hadn't done any stripping on him, but then again maybe she had and it had just grown out already.
                    -Michelangelo

Comment

Thanks everyone! I was so pumped and excited about this groom. None of the other groomers I work w/ do any stripping, so they got it a *little bit*, but I know those of you that strip really understand that satisfaction!
                      -Michelangelo

Comment

This guy was back in for his second strip. He has turned into a major PIA! I seriously think a neutering is in order for him. I would have thought I was hurting him w/ the stripping except he was reacting the same way to the brush, comb, clippers, bath, dryer. Anyway, I did start w/ the head this time, it looks much cleaner then it did last time. I did recommend an 8 week schedule for him as we went longer and I don't know if that contributed in anyway to his attitude or not. I don't think so, I think he needs neutered and heavily socialized, mom admitted he doesn't see anyone but the family. So, here he his, second strip.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0368.jpg
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	1119725Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0369.jpg
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	1119726Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0371.jpg
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	1119727Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0373.jpg
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	1119728Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0374.jpg
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	1119729
                        -Michelangelo

Comment

You are doing a great job. The wft can be pills. It is a breed that if they don't plan on breeding him cut them off.

Everything I don't like from the groom isn't your doing. The coat isn't in good shape. It appears frizzy and fried not tight and smooth. I know it's hard but that why I require my strip clients to come every 4 weeks. I'm never happy with the grooms when I'm dealing with a dead blown coat.

Another benefit is there is less to pull each time so the dogs get less irritated and the customers bill is less. I charge an hourly rate and I'm sure that took you a while.

Watch Eric salas utube videos on wft grooming. You will love it and it stars my comp dog for next year "Red". Keep up the good work

Comment

It really didn't take too long, maybe an hour and a half. I suppose an hour would be better though! I did bathe him afterward, I think that made him fluffier then he should have been. I do agree w/ the tighter schedule on the stripping though. They didn't follow my advice this time and went longer then I wanted. I did have a tough conversation about his behavior and how that influenced the grooming and pricing and that he needed to come in much more often so he could get used to it. I hope they follow through. They truly seem to listen when I tell them things, so hopefully it isn't going in one ear and out the other. If his behavior doesn't improve I can truly see him getting to a spot where I won't be able to even touch him. I have a couple of WFT that I clipper and they are really sweet boys that I love (they are neutered), but this one...ggrr. He was such a different dog from the first strip to this one.
                            -Michelangelo

Comment

Working...
                            X