Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wire Haired Daschund

ARG

So this daschund use to come into the salon I now work at every two-three weeks for handstripping. I actually learned to handstrip on this dog. The manager that use to handstrip this dog transferred to another salon in August. So this person makes an appointment in our salon for today. It's been over three months since this dog has been seen, the owner books with our most experienced groomer. Unfortunately our most experienced groomer has never handstripped. I have, so I did the dog and showed her how to do parts of it. She has been grooming 20 years and never come across it. Unfortunately, the owner decided to take the dog somewhere in September that though she wouldn't notice the difference if they clipped the dog. So the groomer called me today and said that the daschund was there, I came up on my day off and had to strip for quite awhile, taking the dog basically to it's undies because of how the coat was. The owner picks up, two hours after I finish the dog and I had to leave because my kids had a doctors appointment. Apparently she is ticked that I did her dog and asked my groomers why the experienced groomer didn't do it! Instead of expaining to her I had the most experience with handstripping, and have even stripped her dog before and that they called me for help, they tell her that I just felt like doing it. So she says that is fine, but she would prefer that only the other groomer does her dog from now on.

I am half tempted to call her and let her know that it is her fault her dog is to the undies, and that I am the one who did the dog because I am the one with the most experience doing that type of work.

ARG

Sorry if this made no sense, I am grumpy and not thinking clearly.

Thanks for listening to my vent

i wouldve been mad too, but it helps to remember that people get attached to the groomer they are used to and when they want one person to do the job that's who they want -- even if you are much better. i would try not to take it personally. congratulations for stepping up to the plate.

Comment

Wire Haired Daschund

I can understand why you having the "grumpies", but why didn't the other groomer (more yrs.) just explain the reason to the client? Part of the value in all of thoise years of grooming is to realize the value in truthfullness to the clients. I have found that clients value not only your skill but also the knowledge we gain. That should mean our strrengths as well as our weaknesses. My goodness, didn't THEY call YOU to come and help? Also, was the issue of the dog being clipped in between ever addressed?

sittingpretty

Comment

Originally posted by sittingpretty View Post
        I can understand why you having the "grumpies", but why didn't the other groomer (more yrs.) just explain the reason to the client? Part of the value in all of thoise years of grooming is to realize the value in truthfullness to the clients. I have found that clients value not only your skill but also the knowledge we gain. That should mean our strrengths as well as our weaknesses. My goodness, didn't THEY call YOU to come and help? Also, was the issue of the dog being clipped in between ever addressed?

sittingpretty
        The more experienced groomer is very scared of any type of confrontation. She always rolls over on prices and never wants to say anything that mighyt upset someone. ie a SUPER MATTED POODLE came in that didn't want to pay more then $40.00 for a complete demat and handscissor. And she was about to say "yes" until I got involved (I am the manager). I am working with her, but that was part of the thing that upset me. So when she goes to do the dog next time, it will be her first time handstripping and she won't know what she is doing. I can't always come in to do this dog, especially if the lady doesn't want me to. But I digress. . .

Comment

Working...
        X