Chris Christensen stripping knives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Christensen stripping knives

I think I have every stripping knife known to groomers except for these. I really liked the feel of them at Hershey, but wanted to know if anyone LOVED them! I'm thinking about putting them on my Christmas list.

Hi,

I have a set and they are basically the reinforced Pearson knives with longer handles. If you have small hands, they may not be for you.

Comment

Get them, they feel so nice in your hands, and the case is very nice. Got mine for Christmas when they first came out.
      Never gonna know if you never even try

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Terrier View Post
        Hi,

I have a set and they are basically the reinforced Pearson knives with longer handles. If you have small hands, they may not be for you.
        so if you already have a set of Pearsons and all the other brands- is it worth spending for or just another brand to choose from?

Comment

Stripping knives

I have some but they are pierson stripping knives.I was told they are the best quality knives fronm a grooming instructor.
          K.

Comment

I have the Pearsons, but the Christensens seem to feel different in my hand. Of course, I just held them for a few seconds at the show so I don't know if they'd be any different from the Pearsons when actually using them! I have neck/back troubles and sometimes when I get through everyone else's dogs it's hard to have the energy left to strip my own! Really looking for something to make the job easier on my physically.

Comment

Chris Christensen is coming out with a new set, not sure if they are the ones you saw- but they have smaller heads and the handles are brightly colored comfort grip. You might want to hold off until you see these...

Comment

hey

I ordered one and they sent me left handed one so i didnt really get to use it though it feels nice in my hand i have a few different ones and although i was told the cheap ones cut the fur i really like them and feel they are really effective. Maybe its just me or im used to them or something but they only cost £6 and i live them.
                I ordered some new scissors the other day and i love my old ones so much i don't think the new ones will get much wear. Closer inspection tells me that my old ones are the new ones before they became a brand name - they are the exact same down to the fine detail.
                I dont know but i am beginning to realise that some cheap tools are just as effective but for some reason fancy packaging and colours make me stay interested in grooming but not really preform better.

I am going in for a comp on sat and tomorrow i get to practice my hand scissoring on a white standard poodle and i am not using my new scissors cause i like my old ones also my hand strip fox terrier i am going to use the cheap stripping knife on most of her coat because i like it. Probably get marked down by the judge though but i will feel better.

Comment

there ok

I have them. I bought them last year at hershey. They are kind of fat and gave me a blister because where they placed the screw in the handle sits and where you hold it gave me a blister. I wasn't impressed. I did better with the classic knives. And another kind, doesn't matter because I switched to clippering now. I think my sister still uses hers but I'm not sure she was all that impressed with hers either. Sounds like the new ones coming out will be better.

Comment

I have the set. I like them, but I'm not used to using anything else.
                    "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Comment

Working...
                    X