Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubledogdare
    replied
    I have two cowlicks of my own - one on the back of my head pushing towards my forehead, the other on the hairline over my left eye pushing towards the top of my head.

You can't "fix" cowlicks. It doesn't work that way.

If the owner doesn't care, I say leave well enough alone. The dog is in for a bath and brush so bathe her and brush her and call it a day.

Unless the owner gives you permission to trim or otherwise alter that area, I'd avoid doing anything to it. That is the crazy sort of stuff that owners sort of like. They often think it is cute and unique. A real talking point on an otherwise generic mutt.

Leave a comment:

• thh20
    started a topic bath & brush dog with rebellious hair!

bath & brush dog with rebellious hair!

I have a shepherd/collie girl that comes in for a bath & brush on a semi-regular basis, and though her groom is very straightforward, she's got one patch of rebellious hair right in the middle of her back that drives me nuts! It sticks straight out, compared to the rest of her coat that lies nicely, and I don't know how to deal with it. I'm just worried that any corrective trimming will cause the hair to grow back in worse. As far as I know, the owner doesn't care about that cowlick, but it's almost become a point of honour for me to "fix" it.

Here's what I'm talking about:

Working...
X