Making a fat dog look thin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a fat dog look thin

Does anyone have any tips for how to make an over weight dog look thinner. Just wondering if there are any tricks. I've got tons of fatties and would like give them a thinner look but not sure it's possible.
    "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt,
    and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck
    www.wagmoresalon.com

Sometimes when you cut the body shorter and leave the legs longer, it balances the dog out a little so they don't look so "porky".
    don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

You can try to balance the dog out, like Furry said, if you have enough hair to work with, but, honestly, I don't even worry about it. Most clients want what they want and I do it. Can't understand why people let their pets get so obese-guess to them, it means they love thier dog. Makes me sad.
      Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Liposuction.

Comment

Originally posted by sarahliz View Post
          Liposuction.
          Corset.
          "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
          People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

make em look fatter...

then maybe the owner will finally get discusted enough to get the weight off the poor dog. haha..

I have a poodle that is so fat she now has the muffin look... big roll of blubber overhanging. We used to do the body really short and leave the legs fuller so that indent got filled, but she's so fat now, her legs would have to be crazy long to do that, and she doesn't have the hair for it.

If they are just a little chubby, i find taking the tuck up as high as possible and then leaving a bit longer as you go towards the chest, and shortenning the hair where there should be a waste-line, so it looks a little more sunken in in that area really helps...

Comment

well I get my fair share of them too. A neat little 'trick' is to leave slightly longer hair on the bottom (it appears to make the body look thinner) IF the sides are short, and you 'drop' down your blending on the body (almost like a schnauzer type of shirting) trimming it to look like a deeper chest, bringing ti up to a very tight line by the belly... it gives the eye a line to following almost like a greyhound kind of thing.

does that make sense? it is not a cure all.. but it can give the illusion of some 'thinning' to the body. I also leave the legs slightly fuller. The overall look then is that the dog is more 'muscular' than 'chubby'.... LOL

Some grooming tricks are more like sculpting than anything else, if you can 'create' an illusion it can help some.

Comment

Originally posted by sarahliz View Post
                Liposuction.
                Tummy tuck.

Comment

Instant slimming pants..

If you scissor the undercarriage at a slight angle up from the middle of the ribs to the rear tuck ups, it gives the illusion of a slimmer tummy, pair that with bulk thinning where the waist line is supposed to be (less fur equals a more slender looking area, thus poof a waist!) and leave the hair on the chest and bum a little longer which makes the dog look proportionally longer, also leave more hair on the legs. A chubby dog on fluffy legs is less drastic than a chubby dog who appears to be standing on four pencils. Hopefully that helps.

Comment

Working...
                  X