Clipper Burn! arggg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clipper Burn! arggg

I was woken up this morning to a client ringing my door bell (i work from home and I had groomed her dog yesterday). I got dressed really fast and answered the door. She explained her reason for being here. I clipper burned her dog's sanitary she said. I lifted him up and took a look at him and it looked normal, but I did not doubt her words.

She said out of 2 1/2 half years she has been coming to me I have never clipper burned her dog. I thought, dang that's good ain't it? I explained to her, groom a dog 100 times and the 100th time he can get clipper irritation. She was upset and said she was so unsatisfied. I told her there are risks when dogs get groomed he could get nicked etc.

She said this wasn't a nick he " was " licking himself raw and bleeding, she also took pictures of it it was so bad. I said he " was " licking so he is not anymore? She changed that word. (He was at my house from 8 A.m. to after 1 P.m. and never any sign of discomfort. He was free to lick and scratch but did not do it here, so guess he did it at home.)

She claimed I shaved him too short. He was a 7 a/o. I use 9 on speed feed on sanitary for every dog and he is the first clipper burn from using that. I told her that is what I always use on every dog, the same blade. She claimed maybe my clippers were dull. No just had them sharpened. She was so shocked that " I " would do this to her dog. To where I was getting frustrated dealing with it and trying to explain that it can happen.

It seemed like she never wanted me to groom her dogs again. I wanted to see the pictures so I can see what it had looked like. I recommended some cream if she wanted to get it and if she needed it. We agreed on a longer sanitary and she left probably still unsatisfied it seemed. Of course I can't remember the whole conversation that went on. This is all I can recall. I tried to figure out the problem and resolve it. One point she seemed she did not want me as a groomer anymore that I was ready to give her check back to her, but remembered she paid on credit card. Maybe she was upset too that I changed my prices and she was paying reg price on each dog ( she had a $10 discount) and no more discounts.

It just takes one person to bring you down, and three people to build you up. So can I have those three people write something really nice??? ;P

Hummm, licking all the time and no sign of it in the morning......I think you are correct in thinking she wasn't happy about the change in pricing, etc.

First thing in the morning, straight out of bed, is not the best time to try to resolve a client's complaint. You probably weren't completely awake and your brain certainly wasn't "at work" yet. The owner probably hadn't thought her issue all the way through either. It sounds like you handled the situation just fine.

All this time and never an issue with clipper burn...as you told the owner, you can never tell when there may be an issue. When she comes in next time, let Mom know you will leave the sani area longer and you will use a hypo or oatmeal shampoo on her beloved Fifi's sensitive skin. I'm sure all will be well again.
    "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Try to get those photos

I think some people make up stories or exaggerate when the prices change. Buy some clipper relief or hydocortisone cream on hand. Skin Works by Coat Handler helps to prevent it too. There are products you can use on every dog to try to cover your "you know what". And the dogs' too.

Comment

Sounds like a crazy person. First she comes to your house and doesn't bother calling. Then the dogs magically healed by the time she gets there. I mean the dogs fine now so why complain now. Because she wants a FREEBY thats why. I had a nut job like her and I didn't give her the money back. I have cut dogs before and gave a freeby but not one without a valid complaint. If your lucky you will lose her as a client what a pita.

Comment

I use a clipper vac and its extremely rare to get clipper rash with it. On the odd occasion it happens I explain to male clients that its just the same as them getting shaving rash, and for women I explain its like using a razor to do your bikini line. They then understand what it is and how it can happen without it being anybodys fault. I always get the big OHHHHHHHHH and then oh ok and then I tell them I will note it down and only clip the sanitary with a comb over the blade from now on. I think most clients think its caused by burning the dog with a hot blade and this is why they get upset.

Comment

Yeah, she wanted some money back

No sign of a rash/irritation in the morning?? Not likely.

She wanted some money back, she was agitated about paying more. "Buh-bye now". And I would have told her that I would appreciate a phone call instead of a visit first thing in the morning, just to let her know how unimportant I thought her fake complaint was!!

Comment

Originally posted by petgroomaustralia View Post
              I use a clipper vac and its extremely rare to get clipper rash with it. On the odd occasion it happens I explain to male clients that its just the same as them getting shaving rash, and for women I explain its like using a razor to do your bikini line. They then understand what it is and how it can happen without it being anybodys fault. I always get the big OHHHHHHHHH and then oh ok and then I tell them I will note it down and only clip the sanitary with a comb over the blade from now on. I think most clients think its caused by burning the dog with a hot blade and this is why they get upset.
              get this, I asked her if she ever had razor burn when shaving her legs, she flat out said NO!

yeahhhhh right!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenneversage64 View Post
                I think some people make up stories or exaggerate when the prices change. Buy some clipper relief or hydocortisone cream on hand. Skin Works by Coat Handler helps to prevent it too. There are products you can use on every dog to try to cover your "you know what". And the dogs' too.
                so should i email her and ask her to send me those pics? i been thinking about that all day.

Comment

Can't hurt your defense.

Yes, let her produce evidence. Any lawyer or judge would ask for proof.

Comment

Hmmmmmm

Does sound funny.
                    I've had clients act weird when I change the price, especially when I was really new, naive & cheap.
                    I learned how to stand my ground.
                    One time I actually had to tell a client if she wasn't happy w/ my services she should go somewhere else,- becuase I got tired of her constant complaining. She immediately changed her tone & told me how wonderful I was & has become a very nice & loyal customer.
                    Sometimes it's just not worth the money to put up with being torn down like that.
                    Berni

Comment

If it had been so bad it was bleeding he would of had scabs or sores the next morning.

Comment

She COULD dork around and razor burn her dog herself if she is REALLY taking you to court.
                        "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                        People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Working...
                        X