Deshed using Sav-ur-fur bathing system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deshed using Sav-ur-fur bathing system

I love my Sav ur fur system, but before i purchased it i scoured the internet for reviews, pictures, explanations of how it works etc, and found practically nothing. so i made my own video.

The Sav-Ur-Fur Bathing system is a "direct draw" -meaning it has hoses(up to six) that go to your gallons and measure out product by means of metering tips(you get 2 bags full with a chart of dilution rates that you choose according to thickness of product dilution ratio of product and your water pressure(if its on the low side at all it doesnt pull product well).

you select product by turning levers, and check valves prevent water from contaminating your product, mesh intake at the end of each hose filter product before it goes up the hose.

This video is all about the awesome deshed it does. You push coat out. Coat that is blown but not felted just slides right out. th emore matted/felted coat will loosen or slide to a point, but might not drop out all the way. you eliminate any labourous brushing in tub or product, dander or hair flying around. clean up is much easier.

enjoy!
    https://youtu.be/6yPPCdb7WOQ

It looks very nice. Is this system mixing shampoo and conditioner together?

Comment

Originally posted by dog5626 View Post
      It looks very nice. Is this system mixing shampoo and conditioner together?
      the bathing system draws concentrate product from up to 6 containers individually. i imagine you could open up more than one valve, but i would think it might affect the ability to draw product correctly.. not sure. you have a shampoo side an d conditioner side so your lines will not be full of shampoo when you want to rinse or condition. http://savurfur.com/ is the manufacturer.

Comment

I am going to try mixing shampoo with conditioner and then having it on high pressure to try and get the similar results with my Bathing Beauty, but I see you have a Bathing Beauty in the background so obviously Savurfur just does it better.

Comment

I am going to try mixing shampoo with conditioner and then having it on high pressure to try and get the similar results with my Bathing Beauty, but I see you have a Bathing Beauty in the background so obviously Savurfur just does it better.
          Don't mix shampoo with conditioner at same time. You are fighting against each other. I guess I understand why people do it but if your really worried about a packed in undercoat. Coat liberally in conditioner before the bath, soak, brush to loosen or hv, then bath as normal. I still use my bathing beauty with almost every dog. Love it for getting product through thick coats. I did try putting the deshed nozzle on the bathing beauty... It's not the same, doesn't compare. Same as if you have low water pressure. It won't work right.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks, you answered my question about the Bathing Beauty being able to do similar work and you have tried and it doesn't.

Comment

Also have you tried this on a matted non double coat does it make a difference? Thank you.

Comment

Also have you tried this on a matted non double coat does it make a difference? Thank you.
                Depending on how bad it is matted, keep in mind it's pushing from root out, so typically when removing mats you don't insert comb at roots and try to pull through, instead you start at ends.. So what I've found is if it is savable it will loosen it and save your arm from brushing. Especially if you're trying to loosen enough to wet shave something longer... That's pretty much the only time I'm using the jet stream ( nozzle pulled out) on non fur bearing breed. I find recirc do great job of water brushing most hair type coats and removing minor mat for you. Hope this helps. I do have footage of using on very matted/ felted fur coats and you can see it loosening the fur, while some needs brushing/ silicone product/ hv to get out.

Comment

Itza: I am considering getting this bathing system. (the video on their site blew me away!) Did you order the regular bathing system and a de shed nozzle for it, or do you have to specifically get the de shed system to get the same results? I really want to get one bathing system that handles it all and not have to buy two. Also, did you use shampoo that they sell or did you use your own. If you used their shampoo, is it better?

Comment

I have only ever used a sample of their product when helping a groomer friend on old English. This dog had greasy horrible dandruff and I suggested this one because the ingredients contained salyitic acid. Worked better than anything we have used in past years. I can't get this in Canada anymore. I used pure paws shampoo and isle of dogs N50 conditioner. I have great success with this conditioner just sloughing off hair. Still rinses nice and dries nice. You can get just the deshed nozzle and you are using water to push hair out. I don't have consistent good water pressure so if I were to try to inject conditioner ( pull end of nozzle out while it was switched to conditioner instead of clean water) I think I would lose too much water pressure and it wouldn't work as good. I've seen others videos and they seem to have way more water pressure than me so maybe you can use it that way.

There is no special deshed system. Just the deshed nozzle attached to the bathing systems. Only difference between the different systems is how many products you can hook up. I believe you get a choice of nozzle.

Comment

Oh and I've seen video of other groomers using kelco, Oster, and other thick shampoos with no problem so musty be related to water pressure ( I'm last in my building on the water line: ( )

Comment

Originally posted by ItzaClip! View Post
                        I have only ever used a sample of their product when helping a groomer friend on old English. This dog had greasy horrible dandruff and I suggested this one because the ingredients contained salyitic acid. Worked better than anything we have used in past years. I can't get this in Canada anymore. I used pure paws shampoo and isle of dogs N50 conditioner. I have great success with this conditioner just sloughing off hair. Still rinses nice and dries nice. You can get just the deshed nozzle and you are using water to push hair out. I don't have consistent good water pressure so if I were to try to inject conditioner ( pull end of nozzle out while it was switched to conditioner instead of clean water) I think I would lose too much water pressure and it wouldn't work as good. I've seen others videos and they seem to have way more water pressure than me so maybe you can use it that way.

There is no special deshed system. Just the deshed nozzle attached to the bathing systems. Only difference between the different systems is how many products you can hook up. I believe you get a choice of nozzle.

Thanks for sharing this great info and your video with us! I've looked at many a bathing system and for my needs, I think this is the one I will go with when I can afford a new piece of equipment.

Comment

Great video! Thanks for posting!! Great info.

Comment

Wouldn't this be the same concept if you used the straight spraying on the fire nozzle which is what I have

Comment

How is it still working for you? Any maintenance issues?

Comment

Working...
                              X