Saving coat and saving face!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving coat and saving face!

This is a new client--an 8 month old little ShihTzu, who's Mom just got him and is learning to keep up on brushing, and HOW to do it. Whoever owned him before her, they let him get away with murder, because he is S-P-O-I-L-E-D. He bites the comb at the slightest tug, and has no "tug tolerance". I can't say I really blame him. So, this gal is literally crying because she wants to save his coat and not have him shaved for family photos, etc. I tell her I will do what I can- but no promises. So, here's a before, some in the middle, and a finished groom--he even got a cute, sassy little butt! No crying, no biting, and only took about 30 minutes to dematt him through the legs, rump, shoulders, chest and neck. Basically he was only not matted on the back and the top of his head. I did cheat and hollow out his inner thighs and gave him a false tummy and beard! I used DeTangle from ShowSeason before the bath (he was freshly bathed the day before by Mom),a hot oil treatment using Davis Cream Cond., and Crown Royal after the bath. His body, neck, and rear are an A comb, and the rest is all thinnered. I should also mention that they wanted his beard left long,,longer than to my taste, but he's still a cute little poop!
    Attached Files
    Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
    www.ChrisSertzel.com

That is pretty dramatic. You should be proud of it.
    "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
    People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Nice heiny. lol It's good to have a lot of shortcuts and tricks to brush out matted dogs. Very nice job! I saved a matted coat myself the other day. It's nice if it can be done.
      www.gomobileandsucceed.com
      http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Lovely, just lovely! (would you trim my hair for our family pix?)

Great job!
        sittingpretty

Comment

Looks great! Lots of work for sure. I love cute butts an feet on dogs, LOL.

Comment

Thanks for posting this Windy. The title could have been "BeeJL - Read and take note" But how did you keep the little darling with low tug resistance from eating you?

Comment

Originally posted by sittingpretty View Post
              Lovely, just lovely! (would you trim my hair for our family pix?)

Great job!
              sittingpretty
              lol! I have a poodle I wanna send up there!

Comment

He looks absolutly gorgeous! They must have been really happy to see him.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

He looks awesome! I scoop out alot of longer haired dogs on underbelly and between back legs when they come to me matted...just makes it a little easier to take care of for the client, doesn't it? (And us! )

Comment

He looks great! That ShowSeason detangle is great stuff.

Comment

Isn't it great when we can "save the day" for a client? I love that feeling! And the SS Detangle is wonderful. It has saved me from shaving more than a few dogs! He looks great and I'm sure they were thrilled. Maybe you'll get a copy of that family photo!
                        What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Good save! I've often thought the certifying organizations should make us groom 1 teenage shih pup who has never ben groomed,safely and nicely,or a pelted maltese,to groom neatly,and safely. Now that's what I call a test. I'll hand scissor a poodle anyday over those! LOL
                          "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
                          Quote:Cath

Comment

Wow!! and I'll say it backwards...

Wow!! very nice! I'll bet the owner was hysterically happy! I hope you told her to NEVER expect that again, lol.

Comment

Awesome as usual, I just love to see your makeovers they are the bomb.

Did you get the weird looking matts off his back leg using the thinners and les pooche brush?

Was he mostly little tiny matts?

Where do you order your show seasons from?

Comment

Working...
                              X