Trying to turn my bichon into a panda 😏

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to turn my bichon into a panda 😏

Hi, I'm new to the forum,I love all the creative grooming pics on here! So I thought I would have a go at dying my bichon, 1st time didn't work at all! I used opawz wash in wash out black dye. I left it on 40 mins and applied heat but it all washed out! I'm gonna try again with the opawz semi permanent dye. Any tips pls? I washed dried him first, wrapped ears in foil etc etc.....don't know what I'm doing wrong? I'm in the UK so products are limited! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You need to be prepping the coat properly. Clarifying shampoo. Pure paws zero, k9 strip, coat handler clarify, show seasons clarify. Dry coat with no conditioner or spray in it. I don't agree with using oxidizing dye ( two part dye you mix with developer) I don't care if people think it's safe or even if a company from china has labeled it safe.
    Kiss express jet black works lovely, if your Bichon is really brillo it won't want to take color as well as soft hair

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ItzaClip! View Post
      You need to be prepping the coat properly. Clarifying shampoo. Pure paws zero, k9 strip, coat handler clarify, show seasons clarify. Dry coat with no conditioner or spray in it. I don't agree with using oxidizing dye ( two part dye you mix with developer) I don't care if people think it's safe or even if a company from china has labeled it safe.
      Kiss express jet black works lovely, if your Bichon is really brillo it won't want to take color as well as soft hair

Thanks for the advice, I can only get hold of opawz dye and colour chalks here. I will try and source some of the shampoo's you mentioned.........his coat isn't very soft.......so maybe that's a problem too. Would it help too fluff dry him while dye is on coat,do you think? I also read vinegar is good to clarify the coat?........I did add some to the shampoo last time. Thanks for taking the trouble to reply. LOVE your work by the way.......been admiring it from afar for ages,on here and on your FB page!

Comment

do they have Bigen Oriental Black where you are? It's from stores like Sally's and walmart here. It's the best black but sooooo permanent lol

Comment

No, we are so limited here in the UK....... Creative grooming is virtually non existent here and it's so expensive to pay shipping fees from USA. Thanks for replying ��

Comment

There are members of theNAPCG.com in UK, some that are even certifiers. They will know where to get stuff. I think the website has a members page. You should join it will teach you a ton. Vinegar actually seals the hair shaft. I would never use before groom. I would use after rinsing color to seal in so that might be the issue.

Comment

There are members of theNAPCG.com in UK, some that are even certifiers. They will know where to get stuff. I think the website has a members page. You should join it will teach you a ton. Vinegar actually seals the hair shaft. I would never use before groom. I would use after rinsing color to seal in so that might be the issue.

Ahh maybe that's where it went wrong! Also I forgot to ask: I shampooed him after.........I've read on here, some people just rinse with cool water? I will look up that website......thank you so much for your help!

Comment

You can shampoo after but pick a mild cleansing agent like cocomedopropylbetaine, so not a dirty dog or clarifying wash as that would open hair follicle abs let pigment out. You just want to lightly get excess residue off so that there is no transfer if they get wet. Also cool to cold water in rinsing.

Comment

You can shampoo after but pick a mild cleansing agent like cocomedopropylbetaine, so not a dirty dog or clarifying wash as that would open hair follicle abs let pigment out. You just want to lightly get excess residue off so that there is no transfer if they get wet. Also cool to cold water in rinsing.

Thankyou sooo much.....I really appreciate it! I have learnt so much from this site!

Comment

Working...
                  X