Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dyeing your pet

what to use to dye your pet please help me

Manic panic, the trick is to dye the pet, dry it, then rinse it and dry it again.

Comment

This should help with dye for your pet

Originally posted by poodlepink View Post
      what to use to dye your pet please help me
      Check out petedge dot com they have great dyes there for pets, blue, pink, orange and many other colors.

Comment

Beyond the Zone works really good also. Blo-pens are good temporary coloring.
        ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
        Apparently common sense isn't all that common
        *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

Pet Edge

New product for them. . . .the hair dye products!!

I had no idea and when I saw Iluvgrooming's post, I had to check just to see!
          ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
          Apparently common sense isn't all that common
          *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

Not exactly cheap, but it is in gel form. I think I will try them out for the new contest they have going on. Should be fun!
            "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Comment

wud'nt wanna die my dog...dunno why tho..

Comment

Denver area

Anyone from the Denver area see on the news the other night the lady that dyed her poodle pink & was being charged with animal cruelty? I didnt get to see the report, just the tag-intro part. Wonder if it was because she used a product that irritated the poodles skin? Anyone see or know about this???

Comment

just a stupid, outdated law that goes back to the days when a few unscrupulous sorts would color chicks, ducklings and bunnies with fabric dye or paint so they'd sell for Easter.

This woman used BEET JUICE and Kool-Aid--not exactly harmful products.

Comment

Woman charged with coloring Poodle

Yeah, I saw it and have followed up some. Apparently they have now been enlightened that coloring dogs is not necessarily dangerous. Meanwhile, there are news clips of former employees saying there were "toxic" products used (like we use on our hair - oh, horrors!). I phoned the Denver news station that had the clip, and they said the council is looking into how common coloring dogs might be. I told them such laws were the result of goodhearted people who were ignorant of the grooming world - understandable, but wrongheaded.

I don't trust anyone to do the "right" or "smart" think when it comes to stuff like this, so I will also be calling Boulder Town Council today.

Also, did you see the Tammy Grimes fiasco, with her taking a dog out of the owners' yard in Pennsylvania (video was all over youtube). She wouldn't give it back when her vet found bone spurs and gave it medication and it could start to walk; the Humane Society had been called previously and did nothing; the owners were at work and tried to say they were taking the dog to "put it to sleep" later that day (yeah, right - when the vets are closed, I guess?). Anyway, it was a mess, and Tammy Grimes was charged instead of the owners, and they did not want video evidence of why she took the dog (lying on the ground in the cold, unable to get up!!!!), etc. She was nominated Animal Planet Hero of the Year, but she was charged with theft. Read and see more: http://breakallchains.blogspot.com/2...my-grimes.html
                    and: http://www.dogsdeservebetter.org/doogie.html

Disgusting.

Comment

Tammy Grimes and Doogie!

Better look at those sites now! The judge ordered Tammy Grimes to remove all "Doogie" stuff from the web, basically. More disgusting! She did the right thing! We need to send her some $$, since they want her to pay court costs, pay for doing community service, and they have refused to charge the previous owners under any cruelty law! Very, very bad!

http://www.dogsdeservebetter.org/doogie.html - also youtube videos, and more pages at dogs deserve better in the sidebars.

Comment

Originally posted by bhagya7 View Post
                        wud'nt wanna die my dog...dunno why tho..
                        is that an english cocker i see in your avatar? very cute! i show these dogs..and i think they would look very cute with a little color in them. my english cocker is a 5 year old finished champion, so he has a lot of coat (esp. since im growing him out for Intergroom) and i think he would look cool with "highlights". his funishings are black, he would look so cool with purple or red "highlights" (idk if thats possible though). i could do a white streak in one of his ears (like sweeney todd from the new movie) for holloween. lol
                        as for coloring products, blo pens seem really easy to use. they seem like a good quick coloring solution. manic panic yeilds very vibrant results though (but lasts longer, which is good unless you only want it for a short period of time, and takes longer to apply).

Comment

Working...
                        X