Color that does not stain?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color that does not stain?????

I put pink breast cancer ribbons on my poodle using blopens... I thought they didn't stain???? But in any event I now have pink spots on my floor from where she lays all the time. I would like to offer stenciling at a fund raising event but I don't want to apply something that will stain someones carpet. Any suggestions?

you are probably putting too much dye on coat.
    I use blow pens all the time and do "furpainting" for fundraising, actually I just did it past weekend. I never had any problems with staining.
    I put just a little enough dye on coat to make it wisible, blot excess with paper towel and spray with hairspray. It sets the color and makes it several shades brighter. I dry the colored area with hair dryer as well if needed. Before I let the pet go I check with paper towel to make sure color does not bleed. I also explain to every client before I do anything that the color will fade within couple days and it should not bleed or stain but if it happens it can be removed by rubbing alcohol and soapy water.
    I give out my business cards with every "furpainting" and so far I put close to 250 and had no one call and complain.

Comment

I do one poodle with a colored mohawk with blo pens. I always set the color with heat and then use hairspray as a fixative. I make sure it's dry and have done him several times in different colors. I tend to use a lot of color on him and they have a white couch. They've never said anything about the color coming off. I did him last night actually. A deep blue with darker blue stripes!
      What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Maybe it is the brand you are using. I've used them lots of times and haven't had any problems with "transfer".
        "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Comment

Originally posted by lexapurple View Post
          you are probably putting too much dye on coat.
          I use blow pens all the time and do "furpainting" for fundraising, actually I just did it past weekend. I never had any problems with staining.
          I put just a little enough dye on coat to make it wisible, blot excess with paper towel and spray with hairspray. It sets the color and makes it several shades brighter. I dry the colored area with hair dryer as well if needed. Before I let the pet go I check with paper towel to make sure color does not bleed. I also explain to every client before I do anything that the color will fade within couple days and it should not bleed or stain but if it happens it can be removed by rubbing alcohol and soapy water.
          I give out my business cards with every "furpainting" and so far I put close to 250 and had no one call and complain.

Lexapurple, did you know that dyeing dogs is against the law here in SC? I'm not sure if what you are doing w/the "furpainting" and stenciling would be considered dying but you might want to check into that so that you or none of your clients ends up in the Big House (lol) for such a horrible criminal act as putting a pink, cancer awareness bow on a dog. A few years years ago a woman (she might have been a groomer) got in trouble for her pink "cancer" dog that she had in a parade in Clemson.

It's a law that is lumped together for people who would dye animals unethically for sale. I like playing w/stencils on dogs and would LOVE to get really creative and try my hand at dying but I don't want to turn into a hardened criminal (haha).
          SheilaB from SC

Comment

Thanks for all the replies... I didn't set it with hairspray so that might be the prob
            That is good to know but it is not illegal here in NC Thanks for the info though

Comment

Blowpens

Where can i get blow pens? I'm just starting out in the creative grooming and could use a little advice. Thanks a lot in advance.

Comment

Working...
              X