Mowhawk Oreo :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mowhawk Oreo :)

Well since I opened my shop I just hadn't had time to clip my cocker, Oreo. He got his bi weekly baths but didn't have his back shaved since Dec.! So I though I would go with a mowhawk down his back. At least it would give me a place to do some coloring rather than doing his entire legs agian. So I clipped in the pattern and then bleached his back (formula from Dawn Omboys creative seminar in Hershey 2005)and then I used blow pens to color him. I really am not too happy with the outcome of the blowpens because they just didn't have enough ink or something and I had to use a bunch of colors, so I will be getting some spray or something else quick to color him a little better. Anyway here's some pics

I give up trying to resize the before pic. its just not working. I'll add pics to my album and post that sometime.
    Attached Files

He looks pretty punk rock. :P

Here's Mollie with her mohawk:
    http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...ics/Mollie.jpg

Comment

Oh, how cute ist that? What does her head look like? Does it have the continuation of the mohawk?
      don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Hee hee, that's awesome! Both dogs!

Comment

And a very cute Oreo indeed.

Scoop

Comment

Yeah his head is in a mowhawk too. I cannot get this darn windows vista to change my file sizes!!! GRRRR I will post when it get fixed!

Comment

Bleach fur?

I guess I knew it could be done. Pigment is pigment, but gee, black fur must go thru a lot of stages. My own hair takes time from medium brown to frost up light blonde. In case I want to do Jax, where do you get dog fur bleach?Cute tho'. I like different.

Comment

Very neat! Love it

Comment

I just thought that you colored it until I noticed mustluv's post, and realized that you bleached it. Wow! I had no idea that there was a safe way to do that to dogs! Very cool!
                  Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

You must share the bleaching secret. You have to blow really hard with the blopens.
                    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

He color is re-done with the spray color but I don't know how long it will last/ Basically I'm just being too lazy to do it with my usual manic panic, lol. I only bleaced him once and it turned a goldish red but it is light enough for the color to show up so I don't think I'm doing it again.

Bleaching is just for small parts on the dogs, I don't think I would ever do the entire body. It is actually people bleach but it's not ment to get to the roots. It's a topical thing only. If I were to shave the mowhawk off his back right now you wouldn't even know he was bleached. It's the clairol BW2000 powder and the 40% cream lightener. Mix according to the tub and then I let it set for 30 minutes. It is stinky though so I did open the door right by the tub, and ran a fan so Oreo didn't have to smell it. I just rinsed it and then conditioned it and it feels like the rest of his hair. I learned about the bleaching at the creative seminar at Hershey 2 years back. They did a heart on a blk. min poo.

Comment

dyeing dogs

I need a product to safely dye a dog. Limited on where to shop. Any suggestions????

Thanks.
                        Gail

Comment

He looks fantastic.

I may have to try that bleaching on my black St. Poo, not the whole dog but in spots. Thanks for the info on it.
                          "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                          Diane

Comment

Punk Cocker I luv it.
                            Never gonna know if you never even try

Comment

very nice. I would like to do that. I did one of those on a mini poodle. He looked really cute (no color added though)

Comment

Working...
                              X