• Corded Havenese

Found this interesting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GCH CH Qbin Who's On First.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	1137305

Corded Havenese

Too cool! That's permitted in the show ring? I had no idea it was even possible to cord a Havanese.

Comment

Corded Havenese

Wow, pretty cool!

Comment

Man I love cords!

Comment

That's awesome!!

Comment

Corded Havenese

I learned about this years ago when a client with a Havanese puppy insisted she wanted it full coated flowing to the ground. I did months of biweekly grooming sessions and each time the dog had mats. Talking to the owner about brushing and combing was one thing but the other was that this Havanese had bushy hair. It wasn't growing down it was just growing up and out! I researched the breed to find that it is acceptable to show it corded and found photos to show the owner. She switched groomers.

Comment

That would be Mrs Alice Lawerance who has had Koms, Pulik and now Hav.

Yes you can show them corded but dont walk into the ring until that coat has hit the ground, because those toy judges would probably fall over dead.

Very nice lady BTW.
              Never gonna know if you never even try

Comment

Originally posted by fireislandmuffin View Post
                I learned about this years ago when a client with a Havanese puppy insisted she wanted it full coated flowing to the ground. I did months of biweekly grooming sessions and each time the dog had mats. Talking to the owner about brushing and combing was one thing but the other was that this Havanese had bushy hair. It wasn't growing down it was just growing up and out! I researched the breed to find that it is acceptable to show it corded and found photos to show the owner. She switched groomers.
                That was funny.
                Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Working...
                X