Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you ever groomed a schipperke???

Originally posted by stewiedog View Post
    I'm sorry, but if it is all schip then the coat should be pretty "flat", dense & THICK. I used to show a few. I would never be able to make any part of one look like a retriever. Please post a pic... I'm curious.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch using Tapatalk 2
    You described his coat to perfection. Thought it was just me not knowing how, but seems you all feel the same way. Have tried everything, and she is still not happy. This will be the last time as she gets him clipped to a short teddy bear. She doesn't like to brush him. Will post a pic, before and after.

Comment

Originally posted by OntheBRINKofDisaster View Post
      Erm...if her dog has a tail I highly doubt it's a schipperke. I know it's kind of neither here nor there, but jus' sayin'.
      It is a full schipperke. He just never had his tail docked is all. Would be much easier though if it would have been.

Comment

Shouldn't that special triple coat have a special triple-coated price? LOL

Comment

LOL. Should totally charge 3X the price for his triple coat!!!

Comment

Groomed my boy today. Here are before pics of YogiClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362008512.851783.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	1120924Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362008533.024788.jpg
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	1120925
            And here are after pics of Yogi. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362008589.880818.jpg
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	1120926Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362008610.001116.jpg
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	1120927
            Owner didn't want tail evened out, just feathered. All I can say is I tried. What do you think?

Comment

Nice job, but that guy is a mix.
              Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Mmmm... That really isn't a Schipperke. Just from these pictures, his head and ears and topline don't look like a Schipper, and his coat is COMPLETELY different than any Schipperke I've ever seen, even the more heavily coated ones. Not that we see a ton of Schipperke where I live, and all of ours are bath and brush dogs any way. As far as I know, if you left a tail on a Skippy, it would look like a Shiba tail.

Usually a heavily coated Schipperkes have a coat more like a Shiba but with thicker/longer/more guard hairs, and a little more "prickly" and the lighter coated ones are like those labs that have really thick/long top coat and not much fluff. And there are never ear feathers.

Although customers trying to force me to make their dog look like what they THINK they have is responsible for half of my problems.

Comment

Originally posted by KarlaSnyder View Post
                  Nice job, but that guy is a mix.
                  What do you think he is crossed with then? I am just going by what owner told me. She is crazy though, so who knows.

Comment

Re: Have you ever groomed a schipperke???

Hucksmom Google schipperke. I don't think that dog has any schip in it

If you sweat the small stuff, all you have is small soggy stuff.....

Comment

Originally posted by stewiedog View Post
                      Hucksmom Google schipperke. I don't think that dog has any schip in it

Just did and I think you may be right. He was very tall and very fat. Not sure what he is, but whatever the old lady thinks he is, is what he is I guess.

Comment

Biggest skip Ive ever seen!!
                        There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by OntheBRINKofDisaster View Post
                          Biggest skip Ive ever seen!!
                          I owe you an apology brink. You were right in saying what ya did about his tail. Been doing some research on google about them, and now I know what to look for. 😊

Comment

If you google image for Schipperke Crufts (where any docking is illegal), you will see that many of the dogs have a natural bob, but you can see a few examples of what a Schipperke's tail would look like.

Comment

Originally posted by Hucksmom View Post
                              I owe you an apology brink. You were right in saying what ya did about his tail. Been doing some research on google about them, and now I know what to look for. 😊
                              Meh, tail schmail.
                              There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                              X