Poodle tails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poodle tails

I'm having a terrible time with poodle that has no tail at all!
    I've seen tutorials but poo always has perfect length tail of show dogs and I haven't show poo as clients I only have the ones that got their tail cut too short (like my mom's one) and the hair on tail often ending up by being a mess.
    Because of course, owners of that kind of poodle want a big and beautiful cotton ball on their poo! I can't do miracle but I'll like to get better!

Here's my actual way to do a tail :
    1, I try to do a shaped line at the base of the tail
    2. I hold the whole hair on hand and I cut the top of the piece of Hair I'm holding
    3. I hold the tail right, I fluff the hair, and cut around to make it look like a ball
    And then it turn into a potato!!

"Then turn it into a potato"!!! That just made my day!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I usually just tip the ends of that kind of tail. With them not having a proper tail what can you do? I just make it cute with rest of body.

Comment

With the itty-bitty little stumpy tails I usually take them to the same length as the body. If they really want a puff there I will shave most of the underside (For cleanliness, and usually because there's a mat there) then shape up the top and sides into a cute little bunny tail. It can be quite adorable on the right dog, as long as they put in a minimum of brushing

Comment

I turn them into a 'bunny tail'.
          Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Today I had my poodle's sister who was born at home and our vet cut her tail so short I think she has like 1cm of tail.
            Here's what I have done following your advices and I focused on not cutting too much
            Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455018623.510071.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	1122248

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455018640.584244.jpg
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	1122249

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455018653.357838.jpg
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	1122250

Comment

The potato comment almost killed me, lol, how funny! ;D
              The last pics you posted of your sisters poodle.....the tail looks lovely
              Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

In fact the dog is the sister of my own poodle!
                Thank you! I focused on how big I wanted but I think it looks a little flat to me but anyway when the dog sits tail get flatten or after someday a when hair get back to normal so I think they don't notice

Comment

When they're docked too short, I skip shaving a band and just make a ball of puff directly on their ass.

Comment

Working...
                  X