Town and Country 2nd picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Town and Country 2nd picture

Here's the back view of the T&C from my other post. You can kinda see the small band running down his spine. That band is done in a 5/8 toe blade, the band around his ribs and neck are a #7 and the booted areas are 3/4" and 7/8"(on the legs).
    Attached Files

My breeder put my standard poodle into a Town and Country after she decided not to show her anymore. I'll be grooming her from now on, but it sure was nice to have her set the pattern for me.

She explained to me that the width of the band down the spine is determined by the width of the tail. Therefore, I think the band needs to be wider than the toe blade you are using. Other than that, the pattern look terrific.

Comment

I agree, the band down the spine needs to be wider. Otherwise, good job! Isn't it fun being able to choose the style?

Comment

Oh I love it. If the owner's in one of her "...eh, whatever" moods, I know I can coax her into just about anything. One of my many oddball hobbies is woodcarving, so grooming goes really well with it...most especially poodles! It's probably why I like hand scissoring so much. All my carving is done by hand, unless it's rough-cutting a large block down to a small workable piece.

Comment

That's neat!

Originally posted by RevWind View Post
          Oh I love it. If the owner's in one of her "...eh, whatever" moods, I know I can coax her into just about anything. One of my many oddball hobbies is woodcarving, so grooming goes really well with it...most especially poodles! It's probably why I like hand scissoring so much. All my carving is done by hand, unless it's rough-cutting a large block down to a small workable piece.
          That must be fun when the owner lets you do "whatever". Nice job! That's so neat that you are a woodcarver. What kind of things do you carve? I have tried my hand at router carving wooden signs and that is pretty fun, but I still haven't hand carved anything. I'm going to carve my own grooming signs!

Comment

Whoa! What happened to the hair on that dogs tail lol. Did you spill the nair on it? lol. Very nice job. I don't get to do any creative grooming. Wish I did. Not many standard's around here. Most everyone just wants their dog shaved down. Which is fine. I would rather that then the dog be a matted mess.
            If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

That looks good. I hate how white dogs skin is so pink, makes them look funny.
              Becky

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchfunbnme View Post
                That must be fun when the owner lets you do "whatever". Nice job! That's so neat that you are a woodcarver. What kind of things do you carve? I have tried my hand at router carving wooden signs and that is pretty fun, but I still haven't hand carved anything. I'm going to carve my own grooming signs!
                I prefer relief carving (one side of the wood, not 3D) by hand. I'm a HUGE fan of celtic knots, so that's a lot of what I do (though I don't have ample time to do it, what with grooming and dancing). I liked one of my first carvings so much, I got it as a tattoo. I'm also a big fan of sharp pointy things, so I've started several projects of wood swords. The major project is a full length
                Excalibur design sword with celtic knotwork on the blade, cross piece and hilt.Escher is fun to work with too. He's the guy who did all the abstract never-ending pictures and things. I've done some 3D never-ending knots and the like. People wonder why I like scissoring poodles so much!

Comment

No wonder!

I prefer relief carving (one side of the wood, not 3D) by hand. I'm a HUGE fan of celtic knots, so that's a lot of what I do (though I don't have ample time to do it, what with grooming and dancing). I liked one of my first carvings so much, I got it as a tattoo. I'm also a big fan of sharp pointy things, so I've started several projects of wood swords. The major project is a full length
                  Excalibur design sword with celtic knotwork on the blade, cross piece and hilt.Escher is fun to work with too. He's the guy who did all the abstract never-ending pictures and things. I've done some 3D never-ending knots and the like. People wonder why I like scissoring poodles so much!
                  No wonder! I'm sure that all of your carving talent is coming through in your grooming. You probably have a very good sense of design! Very neat!

Comment

Here's the back view of the T&C from my other post. You can kinda see the small band running down his spine. That band is done in a 5/8 toe blade, the band around his ribs and neck are a #7 and the booted areas are 3/4" and 7/8"(on the legs).
                    who in the heck did that? the breeder?? she should've known the band is wider..usually done with a 10 or 15.. that looks funny as heck lol

Comment

Hey Raggs .....

Just to let you know, once a pink skinned poodle gets shaved close, their skin darkens. If you notice the white poodles in the dog shows, their shaved areas are dark (creating a contrast).

Michelle

Comment

hairdevil, I think RevWind is the one that put the pattern on the dog, not the breeder.
                        I've never done this pattern, but I also think the band running down the middle of his back should be a bit wider. The narrow one just looks a bit strange.
                        I would like a client that would let me do whatever I want to do with the dog. That would be exciting. Actually I think I have at least one or two that would let me but I always chicken out. I guess I'm afraid they will like it too much and want to keep the dog in that pattern all of the time.
                        "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                        Diane

Comment

I did the pattern myself (hence why it's incorrect ). I think I mentioned in one of the posts that I had a 2 inch black computer drawing to go by and mix and matching with the "Notes" book. I put the pictures up so I could get tips on improving it. The wider band has been a common reply, so if he gets the same clip in a couple of months, I'll probably run a full sized blade down it. Should it be a #7 like the rib band, or close like the tail? No offense take, btb.

Comment

my mistake

everytime I post I have to sign in again and it takes me to a different thread? dunno why, but it took me to this one and I just got the middle of the conversation. I'm sorry for the remark..and I understand you're just learning the patterns...great scissoring though! post the next groom so we can see how different you are going to do it next time..

Comment

If I were you, I'd do the bands in a #10 so as much matches as possible (ie. bands, tail, underbelly, etc.). I still think you did a good job for what you had to work with and if the customer was happy, that's really all that matters!!

Comment

Working...
                              X