My poodle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My poodle

Hopefully this works! My poodle is finally growing into a trim which somewhat hides his faults!! His confirmation is terrible!! I know he doesn’t look great, but I am kind of proud because he is put together terribly incorrectly. He is the best guy though!
    Attached Files

very nice grooming

Comment

Thanks so much. He is such a train wreck. Everything you don’t want in a standard wrapped up in one. With the exception of a great coat and personality of course. I love my blind silly guy!!

Comment

scullysmom

I really like what you have done with your poodle. Is it hand scissored pretty much all over, or can you tell me your procedure? I really like that trim on poodles. I am going to put mine in a similar trim once she is done showing. I love the shaved ears. Did you use a 10?

Comment

Scully, I think he looks great! His color is beautiful! It looks like he has a nice face too! I used to keep my old guy in the German with the full feet. I took him to Intergroom last year, and it was his last competition. He will be 12 yrs in a couple of weeks, so I just keep him short all over now. I do miss that trim! I do my young male in the same trim, but with shaved feet. I just put him in it a few weeks ago. Do you shave his tail or scissor it like a Kerry Blue?

Comment

Fur Elite, I do pretty much hand scissor him. I attended a class in Atlanta were they were talking about dividing the dog in halves and thirty and forty degree angles. Not so sure I got it though. I used a half inch to set tallest part of his roach back as to divide him in half. Then tried to blend everything else I still have to grow out his flank and hocks. I actually used a 30 on his ears, I shave them all the time (chronic ear issues) so I didn’t think I would run into clipper burn probs.

Comment

Winterroo, Thanks! This is my silver I was talking about. Sometimes I scissor his tail. I just shaved it off this time. If you ever want to use him (although he is very malformed) let me know I’ll grow out whatever. Think I might use him sometime, but we’d probably be laughed out of the competition. I have never competed before so I don’t know. He is really good though and grows a mile a minute and is a statue on the table.

Comment

A 30 on the ears, OK that is great. I think it looks wonderful. Since I shave my dogs face with a 40 I probably would do the same as you on the ears. I can't stand just a little fuzziness. I think it looks great, and I laugh every time you talk about how "malformed" your poodle is.

Comment

I should take a pic of him wet. He's funny!!

Comment

He looks gorgeous!

Comment

What a great groom! very pretty color.

In the second pic he could almost be part of the fence, he blends right into the coloring. lol
                      "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                      Diane

Comment

Nice to be able to put a "face"to your big boy! He looks great,and hand sissored too! Thats to much for me,lol! Think I would be using a s/o comb;in fact I know I would!Will post the photo's of Alex as soon as I down load them from the camera.

Comment

thank you guys!! I was kinda thinking of a Camo thing for my poodle anyway so that is cool. Oh yes I can't wait to see Alex!!

Comment

hopefully this attachment posts, Here is bud shaved scary huh????

Comment

ok forgot to hit upload!!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X