Teddy Bear Clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teddy Bear Clip

Ok I have a poodle coming in on Monday for a Teddy Bear Clip. I know what one is but does anyone have any advice? I have never done this clip before. Thanks in advance.

I will try to attach a picture. These 2 cuties are poodle mix, To me a teddy bear clip is just a fluffy all over with a soft scissored head,but it could be almost anything to different people. I would ask the owner for real clear directions. (and really hope they don't insist on it if the poor pooch is a mattball. That gets tiresome.
    Attached Files
    "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
    Quote:Cath

Comment

Assess the length

Part of choosing the length is looking at the kind of condition the coat is kept in. Also how long the owners want to go between grooms. Also how short or tall the dog is. Lots of times a nice Teddy Bear is done by using a 4 on the body and slightly longer hair on the legs. This all gives a plushy look without being lots of hair for them to keep, plus you don't have to scissor the body. #2 Wahl SS snap-on is nice on body AND legs if the coat has enough body and thickness. As I say, lots of ways to do the trim.

Comment

This is Willie. My Bichon/Shih. (Sorry, he's not standing up). But this is how I do most of the "Teddy Bear" trims around here.....I use a longer guard comb (anywhere from 1/2" to 1" all over) and a nice round head. The ears vary but most people want them bobbed short or shaved like Willies.....
        Attached Files
        Mandy, Birdie, Evie, Willie and The Woo
        Check out my Blog at doggydivasdish.com

Comment

Ok so how do I do a teddy bear head on a poodle. I have done three now and I cant get it right. I always get scissor marks in the face. How come I can do a teddy head on shih tzu but not a poodle. Help

Comment

Just use a snap on comb 1/2 or longer all over the head and then scissor to tidy. Go to www.groomingsmarter.com and have a look at Debi's directions.a

Comment

What blade do you use on ears doggiedivas?

Originally posted by doggydivas View Post
              This is Willie. My Bichon/Shih. (Sorry, he's not standing up). But this is how I do most of the "Teddy Bear" trims around here.....I use a longer guard comb (anywhere from 1/2" to 1" all over) and a nice round head. The ears vary but most people want them bobbed short or shaved like Willies.....
              Hi Doggiedivas,

I'm wondering which blade do you use on your shaved ears? I have a customer that wants her dogs ears shaved next time and I like the look of Willies ears. What blade is customary?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X