Long Hair Dachshund

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Hair Dachshund

What do you do with the fluff stuff on the front and back legs of the long hair dachshund?

Depending on what the owners want!! I usually will use thinning shears to trim it down and blend into the back of the leg.

Comment

Depends on how much there is, if not too much, I'll pluck it out with my fingers, if a lot then I'll thinning shear it or card it out with a stripping knife.
      Erin
      No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

Whiz doesn't have any, but Oli does. I pluck it. You can also use thinners, a stripping knife, or skim with a blade.

Comment

The hair coming down both sides of his body are normal hair and if I were to remove the fuzz hair on all legs, he doesn't come out looking correctly. I did that once and only charged the customer half price because it did not look book at all. I should have taken a picture of him. Bummer.

Comment

You don't want to take out the hair. Just the fuzz. Depending on how much, and what type of hair you're dealing with, this is what you're aiming for.

This is Oli's litter brother. Oli looks just like him...except his head. Thor has a much better head.

http://www.geocities.com/gemdach/Thor.html

This dog is Whiz's daddy. Not the best coat, IMO. I have other opinions, too, which I won't express.

http://mysite.verizon.net/resvbyc5/id1.html

So, depending on what type of coat you're looking at, it can make a great deal of difference what the end result will be.

Comment

depends on the owner and the fuzz. Some I just thin and pluck it out.. I have one that is just completely covered on most of its body except a strip down the back. I use a snap on comb on her.

Comment

Working...
              X