Lion Cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lion Cut

A while ago somebody asked to see my dog in a Lion cut and I totally forgot to post her pic. Anyhow, this is Brittany in one variation of a Lion Cut. This pic is a few years old. This year, I reduced her mane quite a bit but haven't taken a picture yet. I'll probably be grooming her again on Wednesday and hopefully will remember to take a picture of her with the smaller mane. She's a 7F on her body and I skim down her mane. I think I'm just going to keep her cut down year round. She loves having her hair off, acts like a puppy when she's short. :-)

Linda
    Attached Files

Wow! She looks beautiful. That mane is exactly what I think is perfect for a lion cut, rather than just the ruff around the head. I love that cut on her.
    don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Linda, she looks beautiful. Obviously you take very good care of her coat, the chows I had today were a complete mess. I could barely get a #7 thru it. Please post the other pic when you groom her again.

Thanks for sharing
      G

Comment

love it I just love chows!!

Comment

Originally posted by furrybestjob View Post
          Wow! She looks beautiful. That mane is exactly what I think is perfect for a lion cut, rather than just the ruff around the head. I love that cut on her.
          Ditto -- beautiful I usually ask if the client wants a trimmed tail or a lion tail.

A ruff around the head is NOT my idea of a lion cut either but just a "big" head -- hate that look!

Comment

Wow

Kudos to you! That is one fantastic groom I love it.

Comment

Brittany says 'thanks' to everybody for saying how beautiful she is. She hates the process of being made beautiful but likes the end results. :-) Oh, when I trimmed her this spring I did "band" her tail a bit. I just tried it on a whim and I think it lays over her back better this way.

She is a total teddy bear of a dog, the best dog I've ever owned really. And she's a rescue too. She was a Demo dog for The German Red Clipper at Groom Expo this past fall. We talked to our Animal Communicator shortly after that and she told the Communicator she hated the bath and prepping for Groom Expo but she loved being there and showing off and getting lots of attention, LOL.

Look for an updated pic next week. Her mane is now in front of her legs/shoulders (less like a Portuguese Water Dog) but not clipped right up behind her ears either.

Lina

Comment

I love and prefer that style of lion cut too! It's a "true" lion cut.
                However.... It's not always practical. And I've never actually done that variation, only on ONE cat...
                If the dogs matted, or they want as little coat left as possible, to make it easy to maintain, leaving a full lion cut isn't going to work. Usually works best to havr those armpitties clear of hair! Anyway. I usually blend starting back there, but usually it doesn't get long until at the shoulders. I do this with most big dog shave downs that don't want the shaved head look, but don't want a lion cut..
                She looks amazing by the way If I ever retire my Sammy and DO get sick of his hair, I would definitely CONSIDER doing that style to him. Don't know if I could part with the fluff though...

Comment

New picture

Ok, this isn't a good picture--Miss Brittany just wanted off the table and wasn't going to pose nice for me. This is her new style of Lion Cut--I just moved the mane in front of the shoulders. Still a big mane though. She's worn out from her grooming now. She's crashed on the couch...with a Pug sleeping on top of her, LOL.

Linda

Comment

Ok, I am *trying* to post a new picture but my computer is being cantankerous....

Ok, I give up...I gotta go make dinner. I'll try to figure out my picture problem later. I'm sure it's a computer problem but no time to try to figure it out now.

Linda

Comment

Ta da! My computer cooperating now...here's a bad pic of Brittany in her Lion cut....
                      Attached Files

Comment

That looks amazing! I love doing lion cuts, but I dont really have too many.

Comment

I love the bigger mane too! When I first read your post, and before I saw the pic I thought you meant you groomed a Brittany, like spaniel, in a lion trim...I thought that was going to be one WEIRD looking lion lol!!

She's gorgeous...looks like velvet.
                          Erin
                          No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

Very nice groom! That is my preference for a lion trim....
                            Mandy, Birdie, Evie, Willie and The Woo
                            Check out my Blog at doggydivasdish.com

Comment

Although I think both grooms look great. I also like the longer mane as well.
                              "No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin

Comment

Working...
                              X