No announcement yet.

I'm Asking Anyone For Photos of How You Groom A Chineese Crested Powder Puff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Asking Anyone For Photos of How You Groom A Chineese Crested Powder Puff

I actually just did an B&B and fixed up a very chopped up face today. It had grown out from maybe Nov, so I figure it was originally done with maybe a 5F or 7F. Then the old lady didn't like it fixed. I guess she preferred the poop under the tail and the boogers in the eye and crusts down the sides of the under eyes. It seems you can do a ****** quick job and be loved by all seniors just as long as it is at least $15-$20 cheaper than any other mobile you will ever find. I have a problem with a former mobile who never was listed in my county with a business license, probably never paid taxes, had no working generator, and no A/C in 112 degree summers. I think my fee is reasonable since I offer more and play by the rules. No other mobiles want to go to this community because this former groomer spoiled this people and they are known to be difficult. My bank teller said today. When The 3 tellers moved to another bank, the Leisure *** people kept complaining where is Dee Dee, or where is Abe, I want Abe, do you know how to do it? What take the check and use the computer to deposit for you? Naaaaaaa. "Don't mess up my account now". IM Pos a Bull.! So please show me a few cute trims just in case. These are the type of folks who would criticize Jody Murphy or the like.

http://www.crestars.com/crestedinfo.htm
    <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

I sure wish

I had a picture of one I do. They let her grow out in the winter but in the summer I use a long comb on her back and top of her head leaving a fringe around the ears. I scissor legs. I trim her muzzle to the eye and trim the top third or so of her ears. I leave a little bit of fall in front of her ears to keep the crested look. A full tail that she proudly carries over her back (her owner loves the tail and I tease often that I'll trim it). One thing with a powder puff is you could do lots of things and it would depend a lot on what the owner wanted.
      Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Partycentral

Those photos are great. I did the face much like that but not as low on the throat.( I figured they wouldn't want it changed) The face was not as short, and yet the owner was Not pleased tho' I was given permission to fix it. It had long curly fur right at the end of the chin; not even into the throat. It was also choppy on one side and uneven. go figure. I tried to make it better and was yelled at for it. Pity the groomer who tries to replace the former groomer. I'd love to copy these photos and send them to the lady today, but will probably never get a chance to enlighten her. It's a PRIDE/ Ego thing. I didn't like being yelled at when I believe I made it blend and look better. I would not trim the ears, but rather leave the tassles, as they look cute that way and I am sure they would want to keep them. The dog is a male. Gray and white. Very fluffy rather long coat for winter, tho' it is not cold here. He can be a screamer for nails and any snags in coat. IF he ever had tangles and matted fur he would likely be difficult to groom. They mentioned he got groomed monthly, however I know the other groomer left the area in November.

Comment

i keep my puff girls in a pony clip. This is what that looks like. i use a 10 on the body and a 40 for the face.

Comment

This is one that I do. One of my favorite clients. She likes to keep hers in a puppy cut.
            Attached Files
            A Light exists in Spring, Not present on the Year, At any other period -- When March is scarcely here...~~ Emily Dickensen~~

Comment

Kelly, a male, the name of the one I did

looks most like ColleenTs' dogs. I think it looks cute, but if I ever see this woman again, I seriously doubt she would agree.

Comment

ahh that picture of her "finishing" the ear made me cringe!! I wonder how many times her dogs ears have been cut doing it that way...

Comment

Colleen, I LOVE your pony clip! I have a regular client that wants her puff to look like a poodle...so I do a clean face (7f, 10 around lipline), short t/k, long ears and tail...never lets me touch the ears or tail. 3/4" all over body/legs. It looks like a badly bred poodle.

Comment

Originally posted by Kindredkiss View Post
                    ahh that picture of her "finishing" the ear made me cringe!! I wonder how many times her dogs ears have been cut doing it that way...
                    I do mine that way (I have three HL cresties) and have never (knock on wood) nicked an ear...I do not reccomend it unless you are really confident and have a good dog, but tha tis the best site I have ever found for grooming cresties. She covers SO much in great detail, it is invaluable.
                    <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Powder Puff....

I own a PP. I do her in a variety of clips. I do though always have her face shaved & I leave her socks on. I have done her in a Hairless clip- younger I did her in a #30 but now that she is going on 12 & has some age spots on her I do her with a #10 reverse, I also clip her in a Mod. Poo Continental. I JUST did her the other day but she is about a "B"on her body since she has been growing out of her HL clip. Scissored her TK & mane, & I leave her ears since they hand down I don't usually remove any hair. There is a Crested breeder that shows all her dogs in full faces. I will find that site for you. I think it was Gingerly but I can't remember since I haven't been in the show seen for awhile. Just give me an e-mail & I will send you different photo's. [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                      X