Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customers who just cant deal with the hair!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customers who just cant deal with the hair!

Shorthaired Chihuahuas are becoming more commonly shaved in my salon lately.I find this absurd but Its about what customers want.Does anyone have thoughts on this?

I've never shaved a Chihuahua, but have done a lot of Pugs in a #7 reverse.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Annette, who's very graciously allowed to live with the dogs.

Comment

i think its absurd as well....i dont understand it. My shepherd mix has twice as long of hair than a chihuahua or pug and my saint has at least 4 times as long....I would NEVER in my life shave them.....I think that if a person can't dealwith the hair, they shouldn't have a dog that sheds.

Comment

I shave a long-haired (but very fine hair) chihuahua who weighs about 2 pounds soaking wet. The owner always comes in complaining about "all the hair!". I think it's crazy, but hey if she wants to pay me to spend 1/2 hour total grooming her dog then fine by me! He's a really good boy, too...even though his name is Sweetie.

Comment

Never shaved a shorthair chi. have shaved many longhair, even pugs and labs, but a shaved shorthair chi. is a new one on me. Why people get dogs that shed when they don't like all the hair is a question I often think of when I'm getting paid to shave what little hair they have.
          ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
          Apparently common sense isn't all that common
          *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

We have shaved two along with several pugs

Comment

I've never shaved a shorthair Chi, but I've shaved longhaired ones. I personally don't like it and try to always convince people to go with the Furminator. In a way, I kinda understand b/c my Chihuahua has the thickest longest coat (brush coat) I've ever seen on a smooth Chihuahua in my life. She sleeps under the covers and I have to change my sheets every 4-5 days b/c she sheds like crazy and loves to snuggle down in the bed and rub and roll, lol. But I'd never ever shave her! But, hey, if a client won't take my advice on the furminator and insists on shaving a s.h. Chi, I'd do it- easy money for a 10 minute groom!

Comment

I've shaved a few. Always seems silly to me, too.

Comment

I shave one very thinly coated 2 lb chihuahua. Turns out mom's allergic and she believes that less hair will cause less allergic reactions. He's a very good boy and to my surprise, looks good shaved.
                  "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

My Motto...." Gettin' Paid Gettin' Paid"!!

Comment

I don't understand why anyone cares...the dogs are loved and taken care of and if the owner wants them hairless, it isn't hurting anyone or anything except their own wallet.

Comment

Originally posted by kellic View Post
                        I don't understand why anyone cares...the dogs are loved and taken care of and if the owner wants them hairless, it isn't hurting anyone or anything except their own wallet.
                        I agree totally! Fattens my wallet every time! I've never shaved a Chi, but have shaved a couple of pugs.
                        "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                        Diane

Comment

I groom a long haired chihuahua that is so incredibly ugly, she's cute. She looks like a bat with those big eyes, big ears and whispy long hair. I want to cry every time the owner tells me to shave it all off, including the ears. But she's the one paying. **shrug** I shaved a pug once, but I told the owner I wouldn't do it again. The dog was a psycho. I've shave a couple short haired chi's, a couple labs. I don't understand it either - no more then I understand why people get a Golden Retreiver when what they really want is a Lab..... but I supose people probably say the same thing about me and my 2 Standard Poodles. I groom all week, so the last thing I want to do is come home and groom my two dogs. So they are short. All year long. Real short. Ears and everthang. I can almost hear people saying, "Why get a foo foo dog if you don't want to deal with the foo foo hair?"

Comment

Yup, I don't know why anyone cares either...or thinks it's silly. It makes perfect sense to me. Sure the dog sheds just as much but it's smaller hairs that shed. Makes for a lot easier cleaning the house. Plus if they are willing to pay for it, why not???!!! Easy, easy job.

I have several customers that have their chihuahuas, and chi mixes shaved...plus pugs, beagles, jack russels, labs, boxers, etc. Plus, in the past I have shaved my own beagles. I like how it looks and like I said it's alot easier to keep the place clean.
                            Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

I shaved an English Bulldog the other day...more money for me lol.

I owned a Basset Hound I would shave also...

Comment

Working...
                              X