Cairn Terrier part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cairn Terrier part 2

I got to pluck/strip the female of the two that came in today. Mom didn't specify what she wanted done really so I went ahead and hand plucked/stripped her. She did tell hubby she was happy we didn't clipper her. I was pretty proud of how she turned out. It was her first grooming and she's about 1 1/2 years old.

Any help, thoughts, nicely worded criticism?
    Attached Files
    ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
    Apparently common sense isn't all that common
    *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Very nice groom. I would really like to get my hands on one of those dogs.
    Mandy, Birdie, Evie, Willie and The Woo
    Check out my Blog at doggydivasdish.com

Comment

nicely done.... isnt it great to have that terrier look come from your own fingers???.....

I love handstripping and well trying to get people to do it around here is like pulling teeth... currently I have only one norfolk terrier that I hand strip and I find it relaxing and enjoyable..(yep call me crazy)

Comment

Sorry never got to handstrip yet but am wanting to learn.

What a cute little dog. I love the darker ears.

Nice job IMHO.

Comment

[I've been learning as I go along. Nobody in my area handstrips so I'm teaching myself and following the lines in NOTES.

QUOTE=Dog Daze;140918]Sorry never got to handstrip yet but am wanting to learn.

What a cute little dog. I love the darker ears.

Nice job IMHO.[/QUOTE]
          ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
          Apparently common sense isn't all that common
          *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

the more u learn

the more comfortable you will get. Also the coat will get thicker, harder and more wirey.The ears don't get plucked all the way down to the base tho and you can go shorter on the head. I make the butt shorter under the tail- WHAT TAIL down the hips more.
            Since this is the first time it will most likely get a lot thicker when it grows back so you will have more to work with. Comb the head all forward and remove all in front of the nose- you can thinnig shear it to avoid the bald look and still get the basic chrysanthymum head- not so long over the eyebrows and jowels. The hair is still a work in progress due to lack of previous pulling.
            Watch how it comes in... always amazes me.
            Meanwhile the owner can be taught to use a Mars Coat King- like a 10-12 blade and get it going. THese dogs look great all rough and are easy to dematt even if they only come seasonally.
            Love them cairns!
            great job, like your attitude too!

Comment

Love Luna's face. Her eyes look so bright. I love hand stripping. Of course, I'm only learning too. Their hair gets so beautiful.

Cairn's are the BEST!
              "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Comment

Working...
              X