Havanese with Bichon Coat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Havanese with Bichon Coat

Here is a Havanese that I do with more of a Bichon type of coat. It has a soft, cottony curl. He reminds me of a dwarf Bichon - long bodied, short legs and a big head.
    Attached Files

We have one also, but he's gray, very soft.

Comment

Wow

I just got one last week, EXACTLY like that!!! omg, I didn't know what to do, she wanted a hav face??? and head?? how???? I ended up by making him look like the bichon face in your picture. The lady wasnt happy, she wanted him to look like a havanese. (
      I was thinking while I was grooming him that he was a dande dinmonte/bichon..arrgghhhh

Comment

That actually is where I think I am going to take his head next. It is more Dandie than Havanese.

Comment

Good groom barknpurr!

Omg, I haven't seen a Havenese with a Bichon coat before - CUTE! Definitely looks more like a Bichon than a Havenese. I can see what an issue it would be to try to make him look like a Havenese with a traditional coat like Kim posted when they don't have that coat. I groom a shihzupoo with a tzu coat, but the owner wants it groomed like a poodle...It's always a challenge to get the soft coat to stand like a poodles. It would be even harder if it was the other way around like in your case Kim...arrggggg...maybe someone else would have some good advice for ya.

Comment

He looks great! He is so dang cute.
            "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
            Diane

Comment

Milhasavilla, lol I doubt it. Maybe one of those hair straighteners? Reverse perm?

Comment

Edited.
                Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-25-07, 04:41 PM.

Comment

doesn't look like any Havanese I've ever seen!! nice groom though

Comment

We do 1 hav, just leave it all naturelle, just a pad trim and a wee bit out of the corner of the eyes sani and round the feet very loosely she looks like an unmade bed when done! She has a very cottony like drop coat, the winter static is no friend to this dog She shares her home with 2 beardies that are all naturelle too!!

Comment

I groom one too!

Except she is pure white, hmmm! With a bichon coat!

Comment

You know, I have groomed five Havanese on a regular basis. I can tell you that not one has a coat just like the other does. They make for a frustrating groom for me. this guy reminds me of a dwarf dog! LOL

Comment

Personally I would rather have a Havanese w/a Bishon coat, then a Bishon w/a Havanese coat!
                          SheilaB from SC

Comment

I have three like this a several with the drop coat (maybe cause Florida is too close to Cuba?)lol. Anyway, it is quite common as they are part of the Bichon family, what is more rare is to see them in the lighter colors.

We groom our like a modified Bichon- You know the Bichon cuts where the ears aren't blended into the head and they hang longer than the cheeks?

Comment

Working...
                            X