tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tips?

any tips on grooming for an aust terrier, i've done one and the owners were pleased. have a new one coming on wed, tips on head and legs would be great. i am pretty sure it is a pet clip on the back what length would you leave?

thanks

I have only one Aust. Ter. that I groom. In the beginning I kept her as natural as possible, that is how they should look. I used a Coat King on her pretty much A/O. to smooth her out, then I plucked any really long hairs. Lastly, I used thinners to trim and shape her.

Unfortunately, she had a near-miss with a car and her to have drains put in, both sides were shaved. As she grew out mom wanted it more blended looking. I had to use a 5Fon her back with a short SS. comb on her furnishings. I hated it but she did look smoother. The good part is that it grew back very natural with no change of coat or color. The down side is that mom likes this look so now I do it all the time...

She is a sweetie!!

good luck,
    sittingpretty

Comment

Here's a nice link:
      http://www.atcsa.net/page6.html
      And another:
      http://www.angelfire.com/fl/atjournal/grooming.html
      Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
      www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Sculpting stones

CC has these cute pink stones they call sculpting stones that will strip the hair off the ears like 'buddah'
        those are good links from cavelier-
        the breeder I work with told me they never use coat kings... well I say not all terriers have coats worth of much more effort than that but OMG those stones are the bomb!

Comment

thanks for the info, i think the cut went pretty well. but, he was a nasty little dog, one of those don't touch me anywhere, scream at the top of your lungs kind of guys. lucky he let me muzzle him otherwise i would have had to send him packing. could not do to much with his face but it looked ok, mom seemed happy, and said she wants to work with him. lucky me

Comment

Originally posted by AuntieBeth View Post
            CC has these cute pink stones they call sculpting stones that will strip the hair off the ears like 'buddah'
            those are good links from cavelier-
            the breeder I work with told me they never use coat kings... well I say not all terriers have coats worth of much more effort than that but OMG those stones are the bomb!
            Wanted to mention too, that I have and love those stones. For anyone who's hands are stiff, there is also a stone from CVS Pharmact- blue on one end with a white plastic handle, that works excellent also as it has a a little thicker spine to hold (like I said, if your hands cramp up easily). It is in the Mani/Pedi section at the CVS Pharmacies. Again though, those sculpting stones- can't say enough good about them!
            Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
            www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Working...
            X