Monkey face????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monkey face????

I have two affenpinschers that I groom every six weeks. I leave their heads fluffy and use thinners to make it natural. I'm not sure if this is right and every time I look it up, all the directions say it should resemble a monkey. How in the heckadoodle does a fluffy head resemble a monkey??

The "monkey-like" term is in reference to the breed's desired expression - the very bright, quizzical eyes in a round, flat face.

From your description of how you are trimming the head, you are probably doing just fine with it.

Comment

I love monkey faces! I used to groom one when I was in school but haven't seen one since

Comment

Here's a nice photo

Photo from the AKC site: http://www.akc.org/breeds/affenpinscher/photos.cfm

Comment

Monkey faces

just a funny example heheeheheClick image for larger version

Name:	monkey face (640x264).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	1119499

Comment

Keep in mind

it's a hand stripped breed so by plucking some hair on the dogs each visit you will help to keep the desired harsh texture (standupability) of the hair.

Comment

Ok. So kinda like I already do with westies and cairns? Thanks for your help. Also they both have natural ears that flop in half. Tip or not?

Comment

Epilady

LOVE "standupability"!!!

Comment

Aha murphy's mom! That kind of monkey. It makes sense now. I always try to "check" my grooming with the breed standard and can usually make it look like the pictures but the whole monkey thing was throwing me.

Comment

Working...
                  X