No announcement yet.

Asked for groomer license# and liability insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry about all the posts. It won't let me edit posts. I think I read it wrong and that it was referring to food establishments??
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Particentral View Post
      No state as of yet issues GROOMERS Licenses. Facilities have licenses in some states (GA included) but they don't license housecall. Now, I'd have to have a business license and I don't mind people asking about liability insurance or even bonding when you are entering their home. I'd explain that to them, provide them with the information that I had (insurance companies can get you a letter of coverage). Then I'd be booked out for a year, not taking new clients and ask for referrals including the veteranarian and the name of their home owners insurance company.
      LOL came across this at the perfect time today.

Comment

I do get some customers that think we go to training like hairstylists, they are sometimes shocked when I say nope and why.

Comment

I think there are articles that imply choosing a groomer means checking there license, what? Fine check our business license to operate.

Comment

Speaking of being asked, twice in the last 2 weeks new customers have asked about my license as a groomer. Someone locally maybe the news might be talking about it. I tell them groomers are not vocationally licensed, but I can show you my business license posted here on the wall.

Comment

Whenever it comes up in the news I get some inquiries.

Comment

Yes it is a pain but I too just point to my business license.

Comment

I was actually told I was lying by a customer calling and asking about this. They said groomers are supposed to they heard on TV.

Comment

Working...
                  X