Asked for groomer license# and liability insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asked for groomer license# and liability insurance

No one has ever asked for this info until today. I don't think nyc has a licensing program for groomers that provides a license number, especially not for housecall cat grooming.
    Maybe I am paranoid, but when an inquiry is made by someone whose cat would be groomed in their home, and whose cat is not getting a shave-down or even a bath -just a de-matting - I feel like they may be planning to do blackmail after falsely claiming injury. That article about the influencer and the pet spa made me nervous! Iteferred them to a groomer who works with a partner -that way there is a witness.

No state as of yet issues GROOMERS Licenses. Facilities have licenses in some states (GA included) but they don't license housecall. Now, I'd have to have a business license and I don't mind people asking about liability insurance or even bonding when you are entering their home. I'd explain that to them, provide them with the information that I had (insurance companies can get you a letter of coverage). Then I'd be booked out for a year, not taking new clients and ask for referrals including the veteranarian and the name of their home owners insurance company.
    Attached Files
    <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Particentral View Post
      No state as of yet issues GROOMERS Licenses. Facilities have licenses in some states (GA included) but they don't license housecall. Now, I'd have to have a business license and I don't mind people asking about liability insurance or even bonding when you are entering their home. I'd explain that to them, provide them with the information that I had (insurance companies can get you a letter of coverage). Then I'd be booked out for a year, not taking new clients and ask for referrals including the veteranarian and the name of their home owners insurance company.
      Ha ha!

Comment

I have seen articles by who knows what writers they are, not groomers, and they say check their license for groomers. What does that tell you about the writer? They write anything any topic, any industry from their armchairs. But so you know required licensing is called vocational licensing in all states. None in USA.

Comment

I got asked from a new customer potential about my grooming license or they will go elsewhere. Not a friendly person. I told her groomers are not licensed like stylists. She said on FB for owners protection don't go to unlicensed groomers. I was too tired to explain. P.S. Debbie I look that meme picture above.

Comment

Originally posted by 1mobilegroomer View Post
            I got asked from a new customer potential about my grooming license or they will go elsewhere. Not a friendly person. I told her groomers are not licensed like stylists. She said on FB for owners protection don't go to unlicensed groomers. I was too tired to explain. P.S. Debbie I look that meme picture above.
            It's funny/sad when people try to get tough and shoot themselves in the foot. They lost out on a good groomer.

Comment

Comment

We got a retraction in a county newspaper who said groomer are licensed by stylists. Quick way to upset a bunch groomers.

Comment

Sometimes they get it wrong. There was a grooming incident with a pet owner and they put the right groomer's name in the article, but named our business. WAIT, that's not our groomer. That upset us to say the least.

Comment

Working...
                  X